37.

Jimin was walking slowly, with a hand on his baby bump, which was quite noticeable now. It was cold, and chilly, and there was no one on the road. It had not been too long since he left the Jeon Mansion, but he hoped he reached his destination soon.

Suddenly, he heard hurried footsteps behind him, and covered his belly protectively. He didn't want to turn around, and decided to walk a bit faster.

"Jimin!"

Jimin's eyes widened on hearing the voice, which was clearly very familiar. The person behind him stopped just a few steps away from him and tried to catch his breath.

Jimin turned around slowly, and saw how Jungkook was panting, with his hands on his knees.

"J-Jungkook-"

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Jungkook snapped, glaring at the omega with a red face.

Jimin's eyes widened and he just looked at Jungkook without saying anything.

"Are you stupid?! Who leaves in the middle of the night with a fucking letter?! And, being pregnant?! Are you insane?!" Jungkook scolded, and took off his own jacket to cover Jimin's shoulders.

He touched Jimin's cheek, and frowned even more, "God, you're freezing!!" Jungkook said and cupped Jimin's cheeks with his hands.

Jimin's eyes teared up, and his lower lip wobbled, while he bit it to stop himself from crying.

Jungkook blinked, just now realising how he was yelling at the omega in the middle of a street. "I-Im sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you, I was just worried-"

"You... You t-talked to me..." Jimin said, his voice barely above a whisper, " and you... you touched me... After s-so long..." Jimin breathed and closed his eyes, as tears left them, while he nuzzled his face into Jungkook's hands.

"Oh Jungkook..." He whispered and cried even more.

Jungkook just looked at the omega crying just by his mere touch and voice... Was Jimin longing that much for him...?

"Jimin..." Jungkook whispered.

Jimin looked up at the Alpha with teary eyes and smiled at him so gently, yet sincerely, "Jungkook... Oh Jungkook... Thank you..." Jimin said, feeling content.

He touched Jungkook's hands and kissed them one last time before stepped back, still giving Jungkook a crescent eye smile.

"Thank you so much... Now I will always remember this moment... this memory... for the rest of my life... Thank you..." Jimin said and was about to turn around, but Jungkook held his wrist.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, frowning at the omega.

Jimin smiled at him, "Didn't you read my letter?"

"I did. What about it?" Jungkook asked, frowning more.

"Jungkook-ah...I was wrong... I begged you to let me stay... I forced you... to live with me... I shouldn't have... You'll never be happy with me..." Jimin said, smiling sadly.

"So, you've decided that you'll leave..? You'll let me go...? You'll let me move on..?" Jungkook asked, letting go of Jimin's wrist.

Jimin nodded slowly, "Yes. Because I love you... I truly, sincerely, genuinely love you... and I'm so in love with you, that I can't see you in pain... crying in the middle of the night, because of me... So even if it means that I have to leave you... for your happines... then I will..."

Jungkook just looked at him without saying anything for a few seconds, just observing Jimin's face. His eyes were sad, but the omega was smiling at him. Jimin's voice was so calm and peaceful as if he knew he's doing the right thing. Even if it was something Jimin clearly didn't want to do, he was still doing it for Jungkook. He looked... so different.