Chapter 5- A slap in the face

Photo off Lila

----------- x ------------

I let the water run down my face in the shower  i looked at my body the bruises had begun to fade and cuts have become less raw i looked above my breast where i had been stabbed was a horrible fresh scar. I turned off the shower angrily and grabbed a towel wrapping round my body. I walked down the corridor dropping water on the wooden floor. I got into my room to see Dee lighting up a cigarette.

"Smoking kills" I muttered 

She stared at me incredulously "Have you seen the hell hole were in smoking is the least of my worries"

"Your right" I laughed 

I shook my head about trying to dry my hair. I went over to the mirror what was i going to do with myself thats when i noticed it the dress a long flowing gown,one shouldered white and gold grecian dress I ran over too it and scooped it up into my hands twirling it around, finally something in this place had made me happy.

Dee laughed at my reaction "Your dress is a lot nicer then mine or anyone elses i have seen everyone usually gets a plain black or navy dress yours is certainly something"

"Thank you" i smiled

"Well i am going to give you the room to yourself i'm going to the common room get yourself all beautified and make sure your ready for lady lila at 8:30 and when i get back you can tell me everything" She smiled as she left the room then stopped in the doorway "Oh and be careful his beauty will get to you it gets to everyone but he is not a nice person don't forget that when you start to feel maybe he isn't a bad guy think of the girl that was killed today" she gave me one more reassuring smile and left closing the door behind her. 

I stood motionless then sat on my bed putting my head between my legs and breathing unevenly I hadn't really had a moment alone since i got here and it had finally just kicked in that i was going to dinner with the Master Callum the man feared by everyone in this building, I started trying to convince myself i would be fine its not like anyone was killed from these dinners with Callum

"Shit" i cursed at myself i hadn't asked if it was a regular occurance. I began hyperventilatiing then peeked over at the clock on Dees side dresser 45 minutes to get ready i groaned so much for looking my best there was no point avoiding this i wasn't getting out of it 

"Don't lie to yourself Kit death is another option" I pursed my lips in thought not even caring i was literally talking to myself could i just kill myself. No Kit your strong you stayed with your mother and sister when you could have and should have run away and who am i kidding i faced death the other night and i don't think i could do it again. A tear rolled down my face i wiped it away fiercely.

"Thats it Kit" i said confidently "No more being pushed around and timid only way you are gonna survive this place"

I grabbed the make-up bag that had been left on the bed emptying it all over the dresser. I looked at my choices i wasn't much of a cake on make-up person. I started dragging the foundation brush  along my face it was oddly relaxing. I picked up the mascara 

"Great" i muttered this was the second ever time i was going to put on mascara my first time hadn't worked out so well i had poked myself in the eye. I raised the mascara stick to my eyelashes slowly brushing them. I breathed a sigh of relief as i blinked looking at my newly illuminated eyes wow that works wonders i got the gold eyeshadow painting my eyelids the gold matching my dress. I pouted my lips at the mirror and put on my lip gloss I smiled i looked ok scared as hell but ok the smile on my scared face quickly faded when i realized how messy my hair was. I had let my hair dry naturally which was never good my hair was a half curly half straight mess i groaned.I pulled back the mess into a bun letting two curly pieces hang to the front.