Chapter 12. The Great Race

"What's wrong with me? Why am I not like everyone else? What am I!?.."
...
..
.

The sun was out and shining brightly on the city below. A word of a Great race happening that day, many whispers and theories who's going to win the peach of immorality. The spiders had no care for this silly race, the human of the group explained the peach was a metaphor and not the real fruit, you only gain a trophy. Despite this, Nayarii was curious about this said race and what will happen.

"Are you sure you want to go and watch?" Said the Spider Queen, wary of those on the surface.

"I really want to see, and you do say I need more sun!" Nayarii replied with a smirk.

"You got me there. Go ahead, I grant you permission." SQ says in defeat.

Nayarii jumped up and down, excited to see her very first race.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The streets were busy, citizens making their way to the stadium. The girl stubbed around, taking in how massive the place was. Rows and rows of seats. People took their seats and waited patiently for the race to begin. Somehow Nayarii ended up on the racetrack. She looked around and inspected the vehicle in front of her. Without noticing, she bumps into someone. The person groaned in frustration, their expression filled with anger. Their hair grew brighter, weirdly enough like fire. The girl apologized for bumping into them.

"You peasant! How dare you get in the way of me, Red Son!" He said with a serious and aggressive tone.

"I said I'm sorry. No need to get all bitchy on me." Nayarii responded back with the same energy.

"I can destroy you in a second!" The red boy said with fire in his eyes.

"Sure you can." With that Nayarii flipped the red boy off while walking off. He wasn't pleased a mortal disrespected him.

______________________

The girl mysteriously got herself stuck where two people reside while commentating on the race. The room was quite small, a basic table a chairs rest against the wall, facing the one large window. Nayarii looked below and saw all the contestants preparing their vehicles. She spotted two racer bickering, it was Mei and Mk. Despite meeting them once before, she had no recollection of them. Forgotten in her memory. She looks around the place, ignore the events happening down below. Spotting a TV and another door leading to an unknown location. She approached the door and tried to open it, locked.

"Oh it looks like we've got some last minute scratches as DBK and Iron Fan joins the race—"

Nayarii turned head immediately, surprised to see two demon at the table, Jin and Yin. Yet again another duo she's forgotten. She flinched when the first demon spoke, the loudness of the speaker was new to her.

"Yeah and totally unrelated we're the new commentators. And to spice things up we've gone ahead and altered the race track."

The girl walks up behind them, pissed that two demons startled her. They could practically feel the aura of her anger in the air. But choose to ignore it.

"That's right, here's your start line and here's your finish line. Get there any way you like."
Jin spoke while pointing out the new track to the racers.

"On your marks—"

"Get set."

"GOOOOOOO."