Chapter 8. New era

GUESS WHAT? PRESENT TIME PEOPLE✨✨
________________________________________

The once small village, turned into a modern city, named Megapolis. Tall buildings, almost reaching the celestial world, the loudness of the cars can be heard throughout. How long has it been? Days? Years? Centuries?

Everything around has changed yet, Nayarii is still the same. The only difference is her now thigh-length hair and the piece of her bangs turned whiter. Shes has forgotten once again everything that was of value to her. Only leaving shadows within her memories. Wandering the forest as always til, the floor started to shake.

She surveyed her surroundings, her gaze falling on the city. She saw a boy and a demon engaged in fierce combat. Nayarii's heart raced with fear as she attempted to flee the scene, but she stumbled, losing her balance and her vision went dark.
_____________________

Voices..
......
....
...
..
.
She awakes with a start, the once lit sky was now filled with darkness. How long was she out for? The girl stood up, rubbing off the dirt from her dress. She looked at the city once again, many buildings were destroyed, along with some trees that were torn apart. What the fuck happened?

Nayarii stumbled her way towards the broken city. It was cold out, the winds were harsh. She tried her best to keep warm, all she had was a yellow cape to cover her shoulders. She doesn't remember where it came from but it meant a lot to her in some way.

There wasn't a great amount of people outside, mainly the ones who sale or do drugs. The uneasiness of the area got to Nayarii, she desperately tried to find some place more lit. After running around, she saw not far was a sign: Lenny's Hotel.

She figured that place would be safe enough for the night. Even if she had no clue what a "hotel" is. While walking, she noticed a group of guys walking towards her, she thought they were just out for a stroll as well. She thought wrong.

"Hey beautiful, what's a girl like you doing out at night?"

Nayarii glared at the male, she didn't want speak a word to this stranger, so she ignored him and walked past him.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?"

The tone was harsh, the man was getting aggressive now. She speed up her pace and only focused on her destination. Running faster and faster, till she took a sharp turn and crashed inside the building. Landing right on the ground, her breathing out of control and lungs on fire. Stubbing to get to her feet. The lady at the front desk flinched when Nayarii arrived. The lady rushed by the girls side, helping her up.

"Are you alright ma'am?" - Lady
Her voices full of worry.

Nayarii looked up, her eyes filling up with water. The rush of emotions hit her, her body was shaking and had no control of it. Soon her vision went dark.

_______________________________________
.
..
Shadows...
.
..
...
"Come on Nayarii..Wake up—"
.
..
...
....
.....
_______

Nayarii woke with a start, her head felt light. Her memory from the night before was fuzzy, all she could recall was a lady. She didn't notice she was in a room, till she stood up and looked around. The lady walked in with a tray of food. Nayarii smiled awkwardly at the woman, not sure what to do.

"Good morning, I see you're doing well." - Lady

"I..Mhm.." - Nayarii

"I won't harm you, you can relax. I brought you food, are you hungry?" - Lady

"Yes.." - Nayarii
She played with the seam of her dress.

The lady placed the tray on the mini table in the corner of the room. She looked at Nayarii and smiled sweetly.

"You can stay as long as you need, find me if you need anything at all." - Lady

"Thank..you!" - Nayarii

The woman left the room, leaving Nayarii alone with her thoughts. Where was she? Thoughts aside, she explored the room. It was clean and neat, a Tv rested on the wall and a built in closet in the wall. She found her scarf at the end of bed. With curiosity, she walked to the closet and searched inside. A pair of clothing was hanged up.

She went from outdated clothing to modern clothes, which fit her like a glove. A Blue turtleneck sweater with a pair of black shorts, along with new black shoes. The girl found it odd that the lady knew her size but pushed the thought away. She grabbed the cape and wrapped it around her neck. Now that it was day time, she was able to explore the city better. Nayarii headed down stairs in search of the woman, ultimately finding her at the front desk.

"I'll be leaving!" - Nayarii

"Very well, I'll wait for your return." - Lady
The lady smiled sweetly at Nayarii and waved goodbye.
___________

Vroom—

Each car racing down the road, people walking up and down the road, and construction could be heard. Nayarii made her way down the street, looking at each building. She stopped in front of a shop called "Pigsy Noodles". She looked at the door window and saw who she assumed was the cook yelling at a boy. She shrugged her shoulders and continued to walk.

While walking, she notice a store full of TVs were showing the fight that happened the day before. She found the TVs interesting but continued her way and payed no attention to the fight. Nayarii accidentally took the wrong turn and ended up in an alley way. She made her way down it till, the sudden rush of air hit her.

She was falling down.
.....
....
...
..
.

BAM

She landed on spiderwebs, which surprisingly felt soft. She looked up and was faced with a giant spider, Spider Queen.

_______________________________________
WELL THAT WAS ALL MY READERS ✨
TIL NEXT TIME