Chapter 7. Alone

Alone..

The forest was quiet today and the winds were calm. Foot steps could be heard, a girl wearing a light blue dress, the same alter that Macaque was going to gift her. A hundred years has passed since that day, the day where the world was changed. Yet the girl's appearance hasn't changed, except for the now light gray part in her bangs. She now wanders around the forest, her new home. Nature had taken her in and the animals of the forest. Her sense of nature came in handy for the girl.

The village close by is eerie around her, rumors say she's a ghost who was killed by her lover and now wanders on this earth for eternity. Many rumors have come about over the years, some even worship the girl. Yet Nayarii has forgotten all about who she is, she can't claim if these rumors or true or not. It's a curse that she will have to endure. The only memory of her name still remains, stuck in her mind forever.
______________

One day, the girl was out and about like usual. She was in search for some water from a river. Her clothing is torn and dirty, holes can be seen all over. With living in the forest, it's difficult to maintain cleanliness. Nayarii didn't mind looking unattractive, there wasn't anyone she needed to look presentable for. After mindlessly walking around, she found a river. Before she could drink from the water source, a group of people from the village, approached Nayarii. She looked up at them with a look of confusion and curiosity on her face.

"Please accept our offering!"
One of the group members comes forward and offered a new set of clothing to Nayarii. She was hesitant to accept the gift. She felt wrong to disregard her current dress, the dress held special significance to her although she couldn't remember why.

"Thank you for the offering..but I'm pleased with my current clothing." - Nayarii
She said bowing down to the group to show respect for their kindness. The group eyed the girl weirdly, almost judging the her. Why stay with rags that are falling apart? They left Nayarii alone and went back to their homes. Nayarii continued wandering around, possibly in search for shelter for the night. Weirdly enough, Nayarii spotted a figure hanging down from a tree branch. She approached the figure and tried to make out what it was.

"Hello...?" - Nayarii

The figure flinched at the sound of Nayarii voice.
"Ah! Wha—You! Help me down please!" - unknown

Nayarii looked around her surroundings, trying to find anything sharp.

"I have a knife in my pocket, you can use that." - Unknown

The girl looked at the person, she had no idea what a knife was but she wanted to help in anyway she could. Nayarii goes on her toes and searched for the knife in each pocket, eventually found it.

"Cut the rope." - unknown

"What's a rope?" - Nayarii

"You don't know what a rope is??" - unknown

She looked at them blankly, unsure how to respond.

"The thing that is around my foot." - unknown

With that knowledge, Nayarii proceeds to cut the cord. Once it's severed, the person falls and lands on all fours. Nayarii saw the person's cat-like features and pastel pink-purple-toned hair as they were getting up. They're wearing black shorts with a white belt around his waist, a dark purple shirt, and a small yellow cape around their neck. The tomcat turned and looked at Nayarii with an expressionless face.