Chapter 6. Take Over

Why hello there, chapter 6 eh? 😈
_______________________________________

Nayarii looked out the window, staring at the environment in front of her. Today was the day, day that will change history forever. There's is odd feeling that everything will go into chaos. Nayarii was lost in thought till Macaque tapped her shoulder.
"Are you alright Mooncake? What are you thinking of?" - Macaque

She turned to look at the simian, she had a blank expression til she shook her head and focused her attention towards Macaque.
"Mhm! I'm okay." - Nayarii

"It's today...you know." - Macaque

"I know.." - Nayarii

They sat in silence, til Macaque spoke up.

"I want you to stay here, at the cabin." - Macaque

"But—" - Nayarii

"No buts. I've said it before and I will say it again, I don't want you to get hurt." - Macaque

"I understand.." - Nayarii

The simian smiled at the girl. He was supposed to leave any minute to join up with the rest of the group, he couldn't wait to come back home. Macaque embraced Nayarii and said his goodbyes, leaving the girl alone.

Nayarii not knowing what to do, she decided to take a walk in hopes to clear her mind. There was only one path she was allowed to go through, since Macaque had made sure it was safe a while ago. The girl breathed in the cool air, embracing Mother Nature. The sun was going down, she always enjoyed a sun set so she decided to find a spot to watch it go by. A perfect rock on the ground, it was smooth and big. She sat down and admired the sunset...meanwhile with the brotherhood.

The battle has started, each member following the plan. So far it looked like the brethren had the upper hand til the Monkey king got struck down by the Jade Emperor, ultimately deciding the fate of the battle. Sun Wukong was captured and the others ran, in fear of capture.

______________

It was dark out now, Nayarii was still sitting on the smooth rock. Instead of looking at the sun, she was now looking at the stars and how beautiful they were.  Nayarii wasn't afraid of the forest, she knew every living thing was asleep. She stayed staring at the night sky til there was movement behind her. Her body froze, she wasn't sure what to do, Macaque wasn't here to protect her. She slowly turned and saw the black simian, he was limping and holding his arm. Nayarii stood up quickly and ran to the injured monkey.
"Are you ok!? What happened!?" - Nayarii

Macaque looked at the worried girl, he had a sad expression. All he could think of was how they failed and his friend, his brothers were captured. He rested his head on the girls shoulder, not wanting to speak. Nayarii notice this and hugged the simian tightly.
____________

Times passes...
It's been a year since that day, Macaque have recovered from his minor injuries. He spent his day's outside sitting on the ground, looking up at the sky. The capture of his brethren has taken a toll on him, and Nayarii was worried for his well being.  The girl would help as much as she could but there was a limit to what she could. One day she goes up to the depressed simian.

"Mac...I'm worried about you.." - Nayarii

"I'm fine." - Macaque

"No you're not.." - Nayarii

"Look, can you leave me alone?" - Macaque

"As you wish.." - Nayarii

With that, the girl left the simian alone. Nayarii knew she should give him more space and keep her distance, but it's already been a year. She went to her room and stayed in the bedroom til sunset. she didn't want to anger or annoy Macaque further. The black simian never told her what happened that day, all she knows that she wasn't able to see Wukong or the brethren anymore. She missed Wukong's stories and spending time with the orange simian, she hoped maybe one day she'll get to hear his stories once again..
_____________________________________