Chapter 4. Fireworks

I'm surprised that my motivation for writing this is still running 🏃‍♀️
THANK YOU FOR READING
______________________________

After several months, the Lunar New Year has already arrived. Nayarii was upbeat and delighted the entire time she was with Macaque. She was able to pick up a wide variety of new words and ideas about the world around her. The black simian began to feel something toward the girl, however it is unclear what that something was. This will be Nayarii's first time celebrating the new year because she has never had the opportunity. Macaque asked Sun Wukong for suggestions since he wanted the girl to have fun and let her troubles wash away.

"I heard there was gonna be a festival in town, we could go there?" - Sun Wukong

"Mooncake doesn't like big crowds, we would have to go early or later when there isn't to many people." - Macaque

"Hmm, how about we make our own mini festival? And we could find somewhere to watch the fireworks!" - Sun Wukong

"Ugh..fireworks. I guess that would work." - Macaque

Sun Wukong was going to set up the decorations and everything necessary for their mini festival. While Macaque keeps Nayarii distracted til sunset.
___________________
Macaque reached back home, opening the door to emptiness. He was confused where the girl could've gone off. The simian searched for the girl but she was nowhere to be seen. Then suddenly the front door opened, Macaque turned his head towards the door and sighed in relief to see it was Nayarii.

"Where were you..?" - Macaque

"I was taking a bath, I'm sorry if I worried you Mac.." - Nayarii

"It's alright Mooncake, don't worry." - Macaque

Macaque was glad she was safe, he didn't know what he would do if anything happened to her. The simian walked over to the female and hugged her tightly. Nayarii was a bit confused why Macaque embraced her but she didn't mind, she hugged him back tightly. After some time has passed, the black simian was the first to break the hug.

"How about we go on a walk through the forest?" - Macaque

"That sound nice!" - Nayarii
_______________________

The winds were chilly, it's winter at this time of year. The trees are without leaves and only a few animals where out and about. The sun was hiding behind the clouds, to shy to shine. The couple walk through snow and crunchy leaves. Nayarii was wearing a blanket she made from cotton. Sadly it wasn't enough to keep the girl warm, so Macaque offered his scarf.

"But you'll be cold!" - Nayarii

"I'll be alright Mooncakes, I can bare the cold." - Macaque

"Bu-" - Nayarii

Macaque wrapped the scarf around her neck, cutting off her words. Nayarii pouted while looking at the simian. The black simian chuckles seeing the sight of her pouting.

"Mooncake, I'll be fine. I promise." - Macaque

"Okay.." - Nayarii

She reluctantly stopped her protest and they continued their walk. While walking, a gosh of wind caused Nayarii bangs to go up. Ultimately revealing the red dot on the girl's forehead. Macaque stop dead in his track and looked at the dot. He impulsively grabbed Nayarii face and stared at it.