Chapter 11. The Pig and The Scholar

I really hope everyone is enjoying the story<3
_______________________________________

"This place, my home, is possibly the best thing that could've happened to me. My Queen is kind to me and gentle, I see her like a mother I never had or I'm not sure if I had a mother before. But lately, I suspect my memory has gotten worse.. The Queen would mention things that happened weeks ago, yet I have no memory of it, just shadows..."
......
.....
...
..
.

Nayarii stood in front of many market stalls, she was on the surface. The Queen explained that they are going to hunt down prey for dinner, despite being in the middle of the city Food Market. The Queen thought it would benefiting if the girl gets some sun for her pale complexion.

The girl started to set up the stand, placing suspicious vegetables in the containers. After finishing up, SQ appeared out of thin air in her human form. Nayarii starred at the Queen in awe, this was the "first time" she seen her in this way. She started to circle the Queen.

"You're so beautiful!!" - Nayarii
She exclaimed with excitement.

"Aw, thank you Sugar." - SQ

The stand was completed, everything was in place. Ready for any victims. Two handsome fellow approached the stall and started to flirt with the Queen. Nayarii glared at the two young men, raising of jealousy and protectiveness consuming her. Without caution, SQ invited them inside the stall, the girl was stunned by this and watched as the two men followed the queen. The girls worries were washed away when the men fell into a trap installed by SQ. The rest of the day continued the same, many falling for the Queens trap, til two impartial men arguing in the middle of the market. A pig demon and a guy with glasses.

"Now this a beautiful carrot! Couple more finds like this baby and we're golden."

"Sigh, looks the same as the last 20,000 carrots we've looked at."

The pig stare at the glasses guy intently.

"Give me that. I wouldn't expect you to appreciate a fine carrot like this, you ain't no culinary genius, HA. Like me."

Nayarii turned to the queen, giving the "are they the next to go?" look.

"My my my my~" - SQ
She giggles through each word.

"You boys are making quite a scene, looking to buy some ingredients?" - SQ

"They are fresh from the ground! Top quality." - Nayarii

That was a lie. The vegetables on the stands were sad and possibly rotten. The scholar eyed the food suspiciously and then to the girl.

"Something tasty? You've come to the right place~"
She said blowing a heart to the scholar.

"Uh..oh..uh..Come on Pigsy, let's keep going."
The scholar unfazed by the Queens affection.

The pig demon approached the stall, obviously trying to seem presentable for the Queen, meanwhile, the scholar wasn't interested in all and quite annoyed.

"You-you- are selling beautiful vegetables today?"

Nayarii giggled at the failed attempt to flirt, and hid her smile with her hand. The scholar eyed the pig while examining the produce in front of them. He wasn't pleased with the equality of the vegetables.