22

janae
september 8
monday

"i talked to khalil and he's cool," i told sergio as he drove me to walgreens. it was like 7:50 and school was about to start soon, but i really needed to go.

i needed to buy some lip gloss and some snacks for later today. for some reasons, in my period i get so much hungrier and i wasn't in the mood to starve myself today.

also i have to stay after school for the cheer tryouts.

"really?" sergio said amused. he turned sharply, making me almost fly out my seat. "i told you to put your damn seatbelt on."

"oh my gosh, i will." i finally zipped my seatbelt on. i don't have like any kind of problem putting my seatbelt on, it's just it's way more comfortable to sit in his truck without the seatbelt.

and i like to be comfortable.

today i wore my low jordan one shadow toes with black sweatpants and a jacket i got from temu that made me look really, really snatched.

shadow toes are like $200 now and im glad i got them when they were like $130.

i wish i could've wore leggings with this to make my outfit more aesthetic but mom said, and i quote, "going to school with leggings isn't for everyone. and it's not for us."

can't wait to move out.

i wore the last of my wet and wild clear lip gloss today, which somehow ran out. it served me good during its lifetime.

"can you come over to mine after school?" gio asked, pulling into the parking lot and i put my airpods and my phone in my back pocket.

"i gotta go to that cheer tryout thing. sorry, gio."
he smiled a bit but it was a bit disappointed. weird
"why?"

"my mom wants to meet you," he told me, shying away from my eyes a bit.

"aww. u tell her about me?"

"yeah.. anyways, when can you come?"

"maybe soon. if i make the team, you could pick me up one day and i'll go."

"ok."

we got out the car and went inside, where i went straight to the makeup section. i always wished i could do makeup, but mom never let me. said it "wasn't for my age", whatever that was.

nothing ever seems to be for me with her.

i put a concealer one shade lighter than my actual skin color and a mascara and a wet and wild lip gloss. also a brow pomade. i got the elf power grip primer quickly so if i did do my makeup it wouldn't look like a hot mess.

i could do something light, so mom wouldn't notice. she might but you really can't get freedom until you take it with my parents.

and it always has to be little by little, so when they realize what you're doing they can't stop it cause they already said yes.

i went to the snack aisle and picked up some hot popcorn and another bag of candy corn. it's my favorite candy and i knew it wouldn't be if it wasn't in stores for less two months.

to be honest, it's really sweet and eating it almost everyday of the year would probably get me to be diabetic and overweight.

like tammy and amy from the 1000 lb sisters

not fatshaming but their lifestyle is just not for me.

"let's go," i told sergio who was trailing behind me the whole time.

i took out some bills to pay cause even though i have a card, i really don't have it you know? like, they don't let me use it unless i have permission, which i usually never get.