2

sergio.

she walked out with a small smile on her face. i was so close to falling asleep cause she took her and anderson took they time in that office.

"so? was it bad?" i asked her. she shook her head, walking to her old seat and sitting down.

"nope. he's just sending me home for the day. he said, 'janae, you're a good student and i wouldn't think you'd do this unless you were provoked. i will be talking to kyle about this, but it won't go on your record.'"

"janae is a pretty name," i replied, disregarding everything else she said. she was a goody two shoes so she really wouldn't have gotten in trouble. anderson has a soft spot for pretty girls from what i've heard, but i won't tell her that.

i feel like she'd go back in and tell him to give her her punishment instead.

her cheeks flushed as she narrowed her eyes down. "thank you."

"so, what're you doing now?" i asked her. i was never called to anderson's office so i guess the fatty was just lying. of course she would've lied to me, she don't like me.

"i don't know. i might just walk home, or i'll walk around the town," she answered, getting up.

our school was in a shady ass place, she could get kidnapped by some crack head. or even raped. and she seemed like a cool person and i already let her get close to me so fuck it why not? "mamas, you can't walk around here."

i hadn't used the word 'mamas' in a long time. i never had to, i didn't have a girl to say it to.
not like i wanted one. i just wanted to be by myself for the rest of the year. and it barely started.

but it just came out my mouth naturally while talkin to her. her cheeks flushed again and i knew she would've been blushing. it was cute sight.

i smiled genuinely at the sight.

"why not? i've done it before," she asked softly, playing with the hair tie on her arm, avoiding eye contact.

"it's not safe, janae. come on, i'll drive you home."

the shock on her face surprised me cause it wasn't like 'oh he's finna drive me home' but it was like 'he's driving me home..' if you understand me.

"oh.. um no thanks?"

she looked like that one emoji that was like your mouth stretched out it uncertainty i guess. like awkward. "why not janae?"

"i'd rather not?"

"why?" i was a little hurt cause wasn't we just cuttin up not too long ago?

"well- you know what hold on."

she got her phone out and scrolled until she pressed something and glancing at her phone, she was calling her mama. mom to her.

"mom? yeah um are you home?" the answer on the other line seemed to make her look aback, which turned to anger. it was cute on her cause anger seemed something so unfamiliar on her face.

"no mom. i was just asking. you aren't? why not? oh okay, when are you coming back? late.. okay bye. yeah i'm still going to work today, no there's no trouble at school it's fine. bye." she ended the phone call abruptly which made me think she wasn't happy.

"aight you can take me home," she told me getting up, walking away quickly. like she was tryna get away but i was the one driving her.

i'm guessing the phone call wit her mom wasn't making her happy.

i got up after a few minutes. i don't know where she was but i was hopin she was outside cause i only knew her name was janae and nothing else. don't got her number, instagram, snapchat nothing. i just met her today.

i saw her at the front of school. waiting impatiently with a cute pout on her face. "come on janae."

she didn't answer me and just followed me to my truck. my truck was my baby, i bought her myself.

she looked at my truck with a small smile. "you like it?" i asked her, as she ran a few fingers over it. she didn't have any nails but only had chipping light blue paint off.

"mhm." was all she said. from what i knew, she was bubbly and shit but i guess not today. not anymore i mean.

she leaned on her arm and stared out the window once i started to back up. i went and started to drive away from school.

i decided to get her some food since she wasn't real happy and i felt like i'd rather the pout be turned to a smile. it was a few minutes before my phone connected to my truck, which always seemed to happen.

my baby had a few problems but that was fine.

"whatchu wanna eat?" i asked as we stopped at a red light. she hid her surprise with another pout.

"i'm not hungry." her stomach grumbled and she closed her eyes in embarrassment.

"where do you wanna go?"

"chinese." she avoided eye contact and i was just not gonna talk to her.

not to be rude, but i just saw she didn't wanna talk no more. and i didn't wanna push her to anymore.

i turned the dial on to put the volume and dreams and nightmares by meek mill started to play.

"i used to pray for times like this, to rhyme like this
so i had to grind like that to shine like this
in a matter of time i spent on some locked-up shit
in the back of the paddy wagon, cuffs locked on wrists
seen my dreams unfold, nightmares come true
it was time to marry the game and i said, "yeah, i do."
if you want it, you gotta see it with a clear-eyed view
got a shorty, she tryna bless me like i said achoo." i rapped under my breath

janae.

imagine my surprise when this nigga put on dreams and nightmares, rapping all of it with no stumbling and i only knew the 'i used to pray for times like this.'

someone revoke my black card cause..

the song ended just as he went stopped in the driveway. he unbuckled his seatbelt, leaving the car, while i started unbuckling my seatbelt.

he opened my door to get out the car, and held my hand as i got out the car since it was a little high.

"i'm paying ok mamas?" he told me as we went in. i nodded.

me and moms call really pissed me off cause she wouldn't listen to me. she was disregarding everything i said and didn't even wanna answer my question that was so simple. are you home?

and yeah i lied but her not trusting me hurt a bit. she really has no trust in me and no respect for me.

and dad just stays quiet and agrees with mom so he doesn't get in hot water with her. cause God knows those arguments they have shake the whole fucking house.

"hi, welcome to dragon 168. what do you want?" an old asian lady behind the counter asked with a nice smile.

"i want the house special, an egg roll, lemon pepper friend chicken, and crab rangoons," the boy ordered. i actually don't know his name and i went in his car..

"janae, whatchu want?"

"i'll get the same," i told him. i was hungry and i can eat a lot. he grinned as he told her what i wanted since i was soft spoken.

i hated repeating myself cause i wasn't that quiet, i don't think i was. but after like three times of repeating myself i wasn't going to anymore, and me and mom's conversation today is just in the back of my head.

"that'll be $27.21," she said and i stood awkwardly as he paid. we got our food after some time sitting. at least it was hot and ready.

i took the food as he led us back to his car, opening the door for me. "i'll take you home to eat, okay mama?"

"ok.. what's your name?"

"sergio. sergio cortez."