Chapter 107 - Roulette: Blind

The inside of the restaurant was dimly lit by dozens of lanterns, and beer kegs lining the wall. I went to the table where I saw Sanji, but to be frank, walking through the restaurant, our motley crew didn't stick out as much as I'd feared.

When I sat down, Luffy was blowing bubbles into a glass he had received, as Sanji pushed mine towards me, which I thanked him for.

It was a round six-person table. In order around the table was Luffy, on his right was Zoro, then me, then Kin'emon, then Franky, then Sanji, and back to Luffy. We were in the middle of the restaurant. To my left were the bars and drunkards hitting on women, and behind me were three or four gambling tables.

As I was looking around, Kin'emon hit his fist on the table, surprising us all.

"Woah! You scared me!" Luffy said as I saw a dark red water spot around his drink compared to the normal red tablecloth.

"Sir Luffy! We cannot afford to whittle away the hours in this place!" Kin'emon leaned closer to the table, "Time is short! I must look for Kanjuro promptly!"

"Woah, woah, relax bro," Franky put a hand on his shoulder, "I know we gotta move quick, but we can't go runnin' around blind, we gotta gather info first." He said in a cheery tone.

Sanji leaned back, looking slightly stiff, and let out a puff of smoke, "Hey, isn't this kind of fishy to you?" Sanji said, looking at me.

"Huh?" Luffy looked between the two of us and I nodded.

"The king of the country just abdicated his throne this morning. I kind of figured this place would be in chaos, but no one seems to care," As Sanji spoke, I watched everyone's heads subtly look around the room, except for Luiffy, who just stared with no shame.

"Maybe they haven't heard the news yet," Zoro said, and I shook my head.

"That can't be it. It's the king of the country," I leaned my crossed arms on the table, leaning in, "I had suspected something else was going on, but because everyone ran off so fast, I never got the chance to speak."

Everyone at the table turned their attention to me, "I think Doflamingo said something to them before we arrived."

"But what could he say other than to confirm his leave?" Kin'emon asked.

"Well, I think he struck a deal with the Government," Some eyes widened, and I leaned closer, "Think about it, how would the government have known that Law and us were in an alliance? The only ones who knew were Law, Us..."

"And Doflamingo." Sanji finished the thought.

I pointed to him, "Exactly."

"I think he is using the name of the government to take us out while staying inside his rules as a Warlord and publishing that paper was the kicker," I looked around, "As for why the people aren't worried, he must've told them it was a mistake, and they must've believed it..."

Luffy tried asking someone about it, but Sanji kicked him in the head, telling him to stop.

"Why is that bad?!" [Luffy]

"Because she just said that you were on the paper's front page today-!" [Sanji]

CRASH

I jumped slightly, as everyone at our table went silent and looked at where the sound came from, "Thanks for waiting! Your order has arrived. Or has it?" I watched as the stuffed monkey with symbols on his hands, acting as trays, placed the food down on our table. He looked like a large blue sock monkey with symbols.