Chapter 82 - Something's Fishy: Bestest?

(A/N: Spring break is in 2 weeks, and I'm so unbelievably ready. It's the first break where a vacation hasn't been planned, so I can sit around and do truly nothing <3

We love Jealous Zoro.💕)

Zoro and I were led toward a large group of small sharks that looked like they were used for riding. Against Zoro's wishes, I rode with one guard and he rode with another, as the sharks were too small to fit three people but big enough for two.

We swam? For a while and approached a large bubble. It looked dark on the outside, but when we entered, even Zoro couldn't hide his astonished face.

The light coming through made everything hold a rainbow gaze, with the palace looking straight out of a fairytale, with large gold doors as the entrance.

After some back-and-forth yelling between the guards, the gates were opened, and the sharks slowly swam in and took a left.

"So, Emji?" I asked the guard I was riding with. I chatted with him along the way, but nothing more than names and history about the island. He was a Fishman and my age, "Who is the ruler here?" I leaned my arms over his shoulders to watch where we were going, still watching the scenery in front of us, and I heard him stutter.

"U-Um, King Neptune is the r-ruler. He invited you and you're... crew..." He said bashfully, before looking towards Zoro, who was giving Emji a side eye, "I'm not sure why he wanted to invite you guys, however."

I glanced at him, realizing I was kind of close. I moved my arms off of him and he looked back, slightly confused as to why I was squinting at him.

'He doesn't know why? He came to get us with blind orders?... They must've told him something...'

I scooted closer, to where his back was against my torso and leaned on him more, as if using him as a pillow, sighing a dreamy sigh, "Are you sure?! Seems suspicious...~" I whined, and I felt his whole body practically turn to stone, as he froze in his place.

"U-Uh, I'm-... Well..." He glanced around, then looked back at me, as I gave him a sweet smile, before he looked away, shaking his head, "N-No! That's the real reason!" He said as the shark stopped, saying we were here.

Emji wouldn't be staying with us, but a few other guards would. Before I could say goodbye, Zoro tugged at my wrist, yanking me off the shark and into the room we were dropped at.

He dragged me behind him and when he let go, he sat, crossing his arms, his head down.

I looked at him, "Zoro? What's wrong?"

His breathing had picked up, but I brushed that off when he said, "I don't trust that guard."

I nodded, "Yeah, these guards are definitely up to something, but let's wait to figure out what."

"N-No! I mean- whatever, dunce." [Zoro]

"What did you mean?" [(Y/N)]

"I agree with what you said." [Zoro]

"Oh, okay."  [(Y/N)]

~~~

Zoro had downed his third bottle as I had finished a single glass, "Holy crap Zoro, take it slow. If you drink this much, we won't have any left when the rest get here." I said, and he just chuckled.

Although we were joking, only each other could see that our eyes have been scanning the room since we got here.

The guards have been whispering and glancing nervously at us. I also noticed that out of the guards that were separated from us, these guards dressed differently. Their uniforms of armor were not as correct and dignified as the others, and they seemed to have weird clothes on underneath. I glanced at Zoro, who had already opened a fourth bottle. He glanced at me, and pulled the bottle from his mouth when he saw my serious expression.