Chapter 72 - Marineford : Whitebeard

[A/N: This chapter is slightly short, but I wanted to post to say thank you so much for 77K! It's insanely amazing, and I'm so happy!]

How did we get here...

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" [(Y/N)]

I don't even remember how it went down, it happened so fast! All I remember is that a giant wave was frozen under us, and everyone's grand idea was to knock it off.

So now here we are, falling at insanely abnormal heights onto a battlefield we know nothing about.

Every prisoner and almost every pirate was crying or screaming, including me. Some screamed with excitement, like Ivankov, yelling 'Hee-Haw!', while others, like myself, were absolutely horrified.

"I said that you were doing too much!" [Buggy]

"It's because of his wink!" [Crocodile]

"Isn't my fault, Croco!" [Ivankov]

"Doesn't matter, we're gonna die! It's all frozen over down there!" [(Y/N)]

"AAA!" [Buggy, Mr. 3, (Y/N)]

"HEE HAW!" [Ivankov]

"OH! I'm a rubber man! So I'll be fine!" [Luffy]

"You just care about yourself?!" [Mr. 3]

"I don't wanna die like this! Someone help me!" [Ivankov]

"I shouldn't have listened to you, Straw hat!" [Buggy]

"ACE!" [Luffy]

I was mostly behind everyone as I used my devil fruit to hang on, until one of the prisoners used me to hand on as well, startling me, making me let go. I realized that as we were falling, the ship came with it, and was close on the stragglers' tails.

Because of the wind, the ship started to nosedive, and went right past half of the group, shattering the ice below and making huge torrents of water arise.

Thankfully, I was lucky enough to land on the ship, though the landing was rough. We landed in a hole of ice, just barely shattering a little ice around the edges, so everyone landed in water. I think you know why I'm happy I landed on land.

I sat up, though seeing water in my vision, as the ship would clearly sing from the crash. I stood and whipped my head in every direction, going to the part of the ship closest to the ocean, which was the back.

I looked in every direction, but accidentally made eye contact with someone.

It was a ship in the middle of the bay-thing, which was now ice, with a whale-like masthead, except the masthead was a third of the ship.

In the middle of the large masthead, was a large man. A large, large, large man. He had scared all over and a crescent shaped mustache, Wearing a large white coat, no shirt, and a black cap, holding a gigantic polearm taller than he was.

He could have just been looking at the random ship that just fell from the sky, but I could feel his eyes on me. I was scared to move as I studies him, until two grappling hooks landed near my hands.

"Board the ship!" I heard a marine say as he climbed the rope the grappling hook was connected to. I gasped, completely forgetting about the man, and using my agility to get to the other side of the ship, which was broken in half from the impact.

"Where are you?! Whare are you, Ace?!" I heard Luffy yell at himself as I landed at his side.

I watched the fighting scenes around us carefully, realizing how much of an impact this war actually had.