Chapter 91 - Sanji: Fresh Air!

(A/N: I don't think anyone realizes how badly I want to write Film: GOLD for this story. I CAN'T WAIT, I ALREADY HAVE PLANS 😭)

On this trip toward the surface, we decided to not rush, since the path we were taking was harm-free. We indeed up finding a safe place one night, and Franky made a weird invention to keep us in place.

Nami and Robin had just left me, as we were drinking tea and chatting in the lounge area, with the fish tank, they were going to bed. I rested for a while and read my nature book, learning more about drastic temperatures and weather. I giggled when the place known for the strongest amount of heat year-round was Alabasta, and a picture of Vivi was shone with her father as the leader.

I started getting sleepy, so I opened the door, but before I stepped out, I looked up, towards the Crow's nest.

'Oh right, Sanji's on watch tonight.'

I couldn't see him well, but from what I did see, I think he was rubbing his hair roughly with his hands.

I remembered he wanted to talk, so I went to the kitchen and got two glasses of water, and went to the crow's nest. I knocked on the floor, so as to not alarm him, and peeked my eyes over the ledge.

"(Y/N)?" He asked, looking pleasantly surprised.

"Can I join you?" I asked, just peeking my eyes over and raising the glasses higher so he could see.

He chuckled "Anytime. I could never deny your company."

My cheeks went a little dusted as I set the glasses down and handed him his, wish he took thankfully.

We sat in comfortable silence for a bit, until he spoke up first.

"(Y/N), if I tell you something, could you not tell the crew?"

That struck me a little. Of course, I nodded, but it's strange for anyone here to keep secrets, especially Sanji.

He sighed and leaned his back on the railing of the crows nest, "I was watching the snail program, when Hordy mentioned you were a..."

I nodded, cutting him short, "A Celestial Dragon? Like my mom?" I turned away, "I'm not."

He looked at me funny, "But, you still are, aren't you... technically?" He added the last part to not seem mean.

I shook my head, "I define me. My stupid mom doesn't decide what happens in my life if I kept her out of it." I answered sternly, and he looked shocked.

"You ran away too?" [Sanji]

Now I looked shocked.

"Too?"

"Well- it's a little rough to explain, but let's just say our situations, of what I've heard are very similar." I widened my eyes when he said that.

"What I wanted to talk to you about earlier is- well..." [Sanji]

"I-If you ever had the chance... would you go back?" [Sanji]

I paused for a second, processing what he just said, and turned back to see him with a face desperate for an answer, "Never."

"What makes you so sure?" [Sanji]

"Think of it this way. Which place has happier memories of the people around you?" [(Y/N)]

He stayed quiet, thinking.

"And which place has happier memories of you happy?" [(Y/N)]

He looked at me.

I smiled, "For me, being on this ship has an abundance of happy memories for me and the people around me. Whereas when I was with my mom, Neither her nor I were happy. At the end of the day, it's your choice. Whichever you think will make you and the ones you care about, happy."