Chapter 69 - Synchronicity; Secrets

[A/N; I was going to post chapter 69 with 69K views, but 3K views just like spawned in

Not complaining though.

Chapter 70 should also be posted soon ;)]

We heard an alarm going off, and Inazuma went into action, making a spiral staircase to get up to the 5th floor.

Jimbei, me, and Crocodile were bringing up the rear in that order.

As we went up the staircase, I was grumbling out loud to myself.

"Stupid... If Inazuma-san could do that, why do we need the jackass on our team...?" I frowned.

Crocodile caught up to me and smirked, "Come on, you know you missed me." He looked down at me as we reached the summit of the makeshift staircase. I scoffed, not giving him a response, as I ran ahead of him next to Ivankov, to which Crocodile just chuckled.

She looked at him and nodded, "I see you guys have some history." I nodded, and she left the conversation at that.

~~~

"Are you ready? Even if we manage to get to the front door of the prison, we'll still be in for a fight." [Ivankov]

Bon-chan and I were standing near eachother, huddling for warmth in the indoor-snowy biome.

We had just gone inside and gotten the prisoners' original clothes. I was offered to change, but everything looked like a little too...much. Everything had frills or sequins, and it's not that it's ugly, it's just not my style.

"There is the Calm Belt all around us which is impassable! We'll have to steal a Navy ship and head to Navy headquarters! We need to get more people to fight with us! To be honest, we already have a lot... but only a few of you can make it to the top floor! If you're captured, you'll be tortured horribly! So if you wanna survive, you need to set as many prisoners free as you can from Levels 1 through 5!" [Ivankov]

As she had gotten everyone hyped, she walked over to me and sighed slightly, "Did I repeat the plan correctly, (Y/N)-chan?"

I nodded, "Perfectly."

"Clever." [Inazuma]

"As expected from MY crewmate!" Luffy gloated, giving Crocodile a sort of evil side-eye.

"Oh please, I discovered her first." Crocodile smirked as he walked past the three of us, me practically fuming. Luffy was no different.

Me, Luffy, Jimbei, and Crocodile went before the others, but I didn't really notice, as I was too busy trying to find any holes in the plan.

'This plan is slightly basic, but almost fool proof. If we can free tons of prisoners, then no matter how smart the person in charge here is, they will be forced to deal with the problem at hand, which is the hundreds of free prisoners.'

~~~

We had found the staircase to floor 5 and started ascending. I was next to Luffy, as Jimbei was behind me and Crocodile was behind Luffy.

"It's almost 10:00 am! The execution is at 3:00. They'll definitely do it on time!" [Jimbei]

"If Whitebeard is going to do something, he'll do it hours before that!" [(Y/N)]

"Ace is already on the ship! The war could begin anytime now!" [Jimbei]

"But he's not gonna get killed until 3:00! Which means we still have a chance!" [Luffy]