Thankyou

A sincere heartfelt Thank You to all of you for this unwavering support you've been showering over the story. After Meera and Dev's story, thankyou for loving this one too.

The idea of a love triangle stemmed one day when I was watching a television serial with my mom. The idea of angst, agony, one sided love stirred my interest to a great extent.
And I've not yet read a love triangle fanfiction on Wattpad that was satisfactory enough, so I thought, why not?
I've seen myself grow as a writer throughout this journey and I'm proud of it. I can see the maturity reflecting in my writing and I'm grateful to my life experiences for helping me write this in detail.

The moment I decided on writing a love triangle, I was crystal clear on my decision of not portraying Disha as a negative character. Its 2023 and its high time women support women, uplift and encourage each other because feminism was never meant to include 'men hate'. My idea of feminism has always been about women coexisting harmoniously but unfortunately, 'woke feminists' have made feminism all about hating men.
Women hating women is not acceptable.

I had originally planned on this being an enemies to lovers thing. But then I realized that Dev's character needs to resonate with his real self and there's no way he can be 'mean' in real life.
Also enemies to lovers is more based on hatred turning to love, our characters never hated each other. They just didn't get along initially. So this turned out to be a she fell first he fell harder thing.

I strongly believe that love is all about letting go. Set them free and you'll find yourself at peace. The pain does become unbearable but always remember what Naina Talwar said,
Kuch waqt do, sab theek hojayega.

Your first love did not work out because your second one had to. Disha deserved someone who understood her and accepted her past without a problem.
I wanted Disha to be with Shubhang in the story because he has been a close friend of Dev and he could understand her better than anyone else. Also it had to be a little cinematic no? 😂
And yes the last scene from the Epilogue 1 where Disha and Dev smile at each other is inspired from the climax of the Malayalam film Hridayam. The scene intrigued me so much, made me believe that acceptance is indeed a beautiful thing.

Disha deserves her own story no? Would you guys like to read how her life unfolded after this?

Signing off on a positive note, I hope our DVD entertained you, taught you and enriched you with their character arcs.
Do tell me in the comments what all you have learnt from this story and ask questions about any character that you are keen to get the answers for.

Yours, Gulabjamun 💟.