35.

It was five in the evening. Dev and Vedangi set out to explore the coffee field close to his house. Within a kilometre of the field, she could already sense the aroma of caffeine. Vedangi had never understood the hype of drinking a coffee worth three hundred rupees at an elite chain of cafes called Starbucks. Dev was an ardent Starbucks devotee to put it that way. He drank coffee like an addict.
"I hate to admit this but the aroma of caffeine is tempting." Vedangi said as they entered through the small iron gate into the field.
"Which is why you should switch to coffee!" Dev agreed with her.
"Please! I'd prefer the aroma of Elaichi in Chai over coffee anyday!" Vedangi said defensively.
"Plus it's carcinogenic, can cause cancer!" She added before taking a few steps ahead.

A wide, lush green bed of coffee plantation was spread out infront of them. Every direction of the landscape was gleaming like an emerald in the dewy atmosphere. The plants were segregated in proper rows with little spaces between them to walk. Vedangi's hands went to her mouth in pure awe. She had never seen something like this and it mesmerized her beyond measure.
"Mind-blowing isn't it?" Dev asked looking at her. She nodded her head appreciatively. It was nature's own cafe and that too for free!
For him, the woman besides was more intriguing than the coffee plantation. It left him smiling like a lovesick puppy.

"Look at these berries! They're so cute!" Vedangi exclaimed excitedly while she bent down to get a better look at the cherry like fruits on the coffee plant.
"I'd seen these in the Bru coffee ka ad! Kha ke dekh sakti hu kya?" Vedangi looked up at Dev apprehensively.
"Yeah but be discreet." He said.
Vedangi plucked a berry and placed it in her mouth only for her face to scrunch in disgust.
"Yuck! This was so bitter!" She exclaimed in dismay. Dev burst out laughing at her reaction.
"What do you expect from raw coffee fruits!? They're bound to taste bitter! Have you never tried to taste coffee powder?" He laughed before questioning her in amusement.
"Hum aise shauq nahi rakhte Janab! And you knew it was going to taste bitter, should've told me na Dev!" Vedangi frowned.
"If you knew the result of everything beforehand, you would've never tried. This is what makes us experimental." Dev said like a true Saint.
"And what happens to you suddenly? Randomly Lucknowi accent mein start ho jaati ho toh kabhi Bengaluru accent mein." He chuckled as he asked.
"I can speak Marathi too! Only never tried it on you because you would be clueless." Vedangi revealed and he looked at her in awe.
"Hindi is my mother tongue so obviously I can speak Hindi and not the ordinary one ha, I can speak the pure Hindi like they do in Uttar Pradesh and Banaras!" Vedangi blabbered.
"I can also speak good Marathi! Being in Mumbai for twelve years does that to you but I'm afraid I won't be able to learn Kannada because there's only six months of my internship left." Vedangi added sadly.

Dev turned silent at that. He feared losing her and he absolutely wouldn't be able to handle another separation now that he had fallen in love to the core. The thought itself made his chest clench physically. Dev did not want to repeat the same mistake he had made previously. Communication plays wonders in situationships of people all over the world. The outcome can be looked at after the action is done, acting in the first place is important. He had to tell her that he loves her, the sooner the better.

"Kaha kho gaye?" Vedangi snapped her fingers infront of his face vigourously. He shook his head physically to get rid of the intrusive thoughts before answering, "Soch raha tha ki bol dena achha hota hai. Jo hoga dekha jayega, pehle bata toh do. Or else it piles up."
"Jaise tumne bhi bata dena chahiye tha." Vedangi said, indirectly indicating at Disha.
"Tumhe kuch batana hai?" Dev questioned her instead. Vedangi looked into his eyes longer than a second. Her heart wanted to scream out and confess her feelings for him. Smiling ignorantly, she looked away before saying, "Kash bata sakti."

__________________

"Dhruv do you really think it is a good idea for me to be there?" Disha asked her cousin for the hundredth time.
Dhruv groaned,"Disha! Chandni Mam said it herself 'Bring Disha along'. What more validation do you need?"
"But Dev - Dev will be there. He's gonna be really pissed at my presence." Disha stated. Dhruv's face showed evident disdain at the mention of his name.
"First of all, you shouldn't give a fuck about him. He treats you like a scumbag!" Dhruv said angrily.
"Oscar Wilde once said, never love someone who treats you ordinary. Disha please come to your senses! He doesn't deserve you! Stop pining for him like a lovesick puppy!" He said harshly.
Disha slightly flinched at his statement.

"You know Chandni Mam from before I did. She has invited you, come for her. Let Devdutt Padikkal go to hell." Dhruv calmly reasoned.
Disha reminisced the moment when Dev had introduced her to his sister. Chandni occasionally came to the college in her car to pick up Dev. Disha and Chandni had become quite acquainted with each other.
"Fine, I'll come with you." Disha said and Dhruv smiled victoriously.

_________________________________________

What do you guys think will happen at the wedding? Will it make or break?