7.

Sunday was the only day that working people could give to themselves. Like every other person, Vedangi got up considerably late, lazed around basking in the sunrays coming in through her window.
She loved cooking and she had all the time in the world today. Putting up her hair in a ponytail, Vedangi stepped out of the house to grab some boneless chicken.
Not being a native, Vedangi had no alternative than to dial the Padikkals for help.

"Hello Aunty!" Vedangi greeted jubiliantly.
"Why have you called my mom?" Replied a masculine voice, irritating Vedangi.
"Firstly, your mom and I have a different dynamic, secondly, you've no right to pry on your mom's phone and thirdly, it's your duty to hand over the phone to the person concerned!" Vedangi scolded him in a single breath.
"You are so troublesome! Subah subah din kharab! My eardrum just blasted with your screeching. Thanks!" Devdutt expressed his dislike.
"Ha to tumhari avaj sunke mein kya pagal nahi ho gayi! You're not Mohit Chauhan ke dinbhar sunti rahu! Bohot hi bakwas avaj hai and with that arrogance mixed with it, it sounds all the more horrible!"
"And give the phone to Aunty right now!" She ordered.
"Geez, ye kya sun liya bhagwan!" Devdutt provoked her before handing over the phone to his mother.

Garnishing the Biryani with finely chopped coriander, Vedangi smiled satisfactorily. Clicking a picture and uploading it on Instagram, Vedangi put some Biryani in the steel dabba.
Putting a scarf over her head, she set out towards the Padikkal house.

"Tum? Yaar kyu apni shakal dikhati rehti ho?!" Devdutt groaned on seeing Vedangi at the door.
Before Vedangi could say anything, she heard Ambili ask Dev who it was.
"Aunty! It's me, Vedangi!" She shouted loud enough for Ambili to hear and approach the door.
"Are waah beta andar aao na!" Ambili urged her and Devdutt rolled his eyes.

Vedangi walked to the dining table and removed the steel dabba from the cloth bag.
"Aunty, the Gajar ka Halwa was amazing! Aap mujhe sikha dengi kaise banate hai?" Vedangi praised the taste.
"Kyu nahi! Kabhi bhi aao!" Ambili smiled at her which angered Devdutt.
"Also, I brought Biryani! Maa says ki dabba kabhi khali nahi dena chahiye to socha ki let's bring you some home made Biryani." Vedangi explained excitedly, placing the dabba in Ambili's hands.
"Are waah! Dev loves Biryani. I didn't introduce you to him, did I?" Ambili turned to look at her son.
"Dev, meet Vedangi and Vedangi meet Devdutt." Ambili introduced them to each other, unaware of the fight that had taken place few days back.
Devdutt smiled at her out of compulsion and Vedangi reciprocated it.

"Aunty, mein chalti hu ab." Vedangi got up to leave.
"Sambhal ke jaana! Be careful!" Ambili said.
"Yes and mujhe phone pe batao aapko Biryani kaisi lagi, chalti hu!"
"Dev, go close the door." Ambili ordered and went to the kitchen.
"Kahi tumne Biryani mein zeher to nahi milaya? People like you are untrustworthy." Devdutt made an annoying remark.
"Kash market mein zeher milta, instantly mila deti but kya kare, I brought the Biryani specifically for Uncle and Aunty, not for scumbags like you!" Vedangi smiled satirically.
"Good, waise bhi mein nahi khane wala tumhare haath ki Biryani, kadwe logo ke haath ka taste kadwa hi hota hai." Devdutt tested her patience.
Folding her fingers into a fist, Vedangi rolled her eyes at his persistence.
"Can you for once talk properly? There was no need to provoke me but you being you, couldn't control!"
"You have to decide who you want to be provoked by, girls are stupid, hence proved!" Devdutt shrugged his shoulders.
"God! Die in hell you crocodile!" Vedangi scrunched her face in disgust and raced down the stairs without waiting for his response.

"Dev, don't you want some Biryani?" Ambili asked her son.
"Nope."
"But you love chicken Biryani na?" Ambili was taken by surprise.
"I don't want to eat it now, man nahi hai." Devdutt replied and finished his lunch.

It was four in the evening when Devdutt stealthily walked to the fridge and searched for the Biryani. After checking every container on the second shelf, he finally found the steel dabba.
He skeptically opened it, and heated the leftover Biryani in the microwave.
Being the chicken Biryani fanatic, the only thing that mattered was the food on his plate and not who made it.
Ignoring her annoying face that flashed before his eyes, Devdutt had his first bite and closed his eyes in pure joy.
Annoying people did have good taste to their hands.
He had not expected for it to be this delicious but you can only expect the unexpected.

She had great taste to her hands but he would never admit it, even though he secretly wished for her to bring him more Biryani.
_________________________________________

Do y'all think the story has started picking up some momentum?