4.

Vedangi had always been good at arguments. She was also on her school's debate team and hence she thought of pursuing law. Memorizing the entire Indian Penal Code intrigued Vedangi and she had done it passionately. She had always been interested in corporate law and decided on becoming a legal advisor after she completes her Masters.

Looking at the mirror for the final time, Vedangi put on her watch, sprayed some perfume, grabbed her tote bag and left for her workplace.
Paying the cab driver, Vedangi looked at the gigantic building that stood tall infront of her. It was atleast twenty storeyed and Vedangi felt intimidated.
She took steps ahead with her heart beating rapidly for God knows what reason. Maybe it was the adrenaline that came from anticipation.
Asking the receptionist for the floor of Hinduja Law Firm, Vedangi entered the lift.

"Fifteenth floor please." Vedangi said to the liftman.
"Are you an intern at Hinduja?" A masculine voice questioned Vedangi, startling her.
She nodded her head in yes to which the man introduced himself as her co-intern.
"I'm Dhruv Bramhecha, I was at NCL, Bangalore." He added.
"That's nice! I missed a seat at NCL by three marks. I'm from Sorabji College, the Mumbai one." Vedangi informed.
"Are you a native of Bangalore?" She asked.
"Yep, born and brought up in Namma Bengaluru!" Dhruv attempted to make her laugh which she did.
"What is your name by the way? Or are you nameless?" Dhruv joked.
Vedangi made a weird face before answering, "Vedangi Shukla."
The lift stopped at the fifteenth floor and both of them stepped out.

Infront of them stood the Hinduja Law Firm which had a whole floor to itself. Hinduja had been engraved in big, golden letters on a wall besides the glass door that gave a peek into the office. Vedangi closed her eyes and folded her hands, muttering a quick prayer. Adjusting her hair, Vedangi gestured Dhruv an 'all the best' and they entered through the glass doors.

The receptionist asked then to be seated in the conference room. Soon the chairs started filling up with new faces. Some exhilarated, some nervous and some sleepy.
Vedangi along with Dhruv and others stood up when a group of people entered the conference room.
"Good morning guys, we are here to guide you all in this endeavor of yours. You already are capable enough and your colleges tell us that but real life is different."
"So I'm Chandni Padikkal and this is Rohan Menon, all of you will be working under us from now on. And chill guys, we won't eat you up!" Chandni added the last part, eliciting a round of laughter from everyone.

"Vedangi, right?" Chandni asked, stopping Vedangi in her tracks.
Nodding her head in a yes, Vedangi smiled.
"You're from Sorabji right?" Chandni added.
"Yes ma'am."
"Is Shah Sir still teaching? Or did he retire?" Chandni asked hopefully, surprising Vedangi.
"He retired in my third year. You were at Sorabji too?" Vedangi asked excitedly.
"Yes! The 2015 batch! I was Shah sir's favourite student!" Chandni smiled as she reminisced.
"Don't tell me you're the Chandni Padikkal on the wall of merit in the library!?" Vedangi asked disbelievingly.
"Yep that's me! I feel so old right now!" Chandni joked and both the girls laughed.
"It's so nice to meet people from my college! Makes me reminisce my college days!" Chandni added.

"Where are you living in Bangalore?" Dhruv asked Vedangi at lunch break.
"Bannerghatta Road." Vedangi answered, eating her pizza slice.
"Another one. Everyone lives on Bannerghatta Road or what? Somebody come and live on Koramangala Road or BTM layout!" Dhruv ranted.
"Which city do you belong to?" Dhruv asked another question.
Vedangi squinted her eyes at him suspiciously, "Why are you asking me all this?"
"Because I'm a spy." Dhruv widened his eyes playfully leading to Vedangi shaking her head.
"Out of pure manners Vedangi, you're new to the city and you may need any sort of help and me being your friend, ought to know the basic information. Am I right?" Dhruv justified.
"Who said we're friends?" Vedangi crossed her arms on her chest.
"Are we not?" Dhruv faked hurt.
"Can you please be a little less dramatic?!" Vedangi laughed.

_________________________________________