40.

A/N - I had to do what was needed, sorry! I'm waiting for your reactions!

"Where is my saree?" Chandni shrieked and it sounded like a metal pin running over a copper vessel.
"Stop howling bro! It's traumatizing!" Dev groaned at his sister's shrill pitched shrieks.
"Try experiencing not finding your wedding outfit on the morning of your wedding!" Chandni retorted sarcastically.
"Chill dude it must be somewhere here." Dev said and looked around for his sister's saree.
Chandni dialed Vedangi in a state of panic and she came rushing to Chandni's room five minutes later.
"What happened?" Vedangi questioned impatiently.
"I can't find my red saree! The one I'm supposed to wear today!" Chandni said in distress.
"Wait have you checked the American Tourister wala blue suitcase? I'm sure it must be in there." Vedangi suggested confidently.
Ten minutes later, Chandni thanked Vedangi like she was some kind of a saviour.
Dev tried to have a conversation with Vedangi but she continued to ignore him like she was doing for the last two days. He slammed his fist angrily on the wooden table in the corridor after he was kicked out of the room by his sister.
He couldn't take it anymore.

Disha pinned her saree pallu onto her pink colored blouse. Looking at herself in the mirror, she reminisced the Saint Joseph's Onam Celebration day. Dev had given her a rose for the first time that day. Reflecting on the past, she observed the changed dynamics of her situation. She was there and so was Dev but the circumstances had changed. Both of them were still the same but not the same.
Yesterday was an eye opener to her. It brought her out of her dreamland of assumptions. You know how it feels when it rains on a summer day in October? You least expect it and it comes without prior intimation. Then you scold yourself for not carrying any umbrella.
It felt exactly the same to Disha. She should've known better than to thrive on the assumption that Dev was still into her. The way he had instantly rushed to Vedangi's side to help her screamed 'love'. Well, she couldn't blame him, could she?
While Dhruv was out with Vedangi till seven in the evening, Disha and Dev had returned to the hotel quite early. Thereafter the reality dawned upon her.
Dev could never be hers, he wasn't even hers and she was building fairytale castles. Disha had seen it in his eyes that day at the hotel but she dismissed it then under the pretext of him being angry at her. Well, he had eyes for Vedangi. How could he meet Disha's eyes when it was Vedangi that he longed for? What a vicious circle of longing and pining in vain.

Dev stood infront of the mirror latching his silver coloured watch to his wrist. He thought about his past and the mistakes he had committed. Dev considered the painful possibility of Vedangi having feelings for Dhruv. Okay he couldn't control that, could he?
But what if he is the one she likes and not Dhruv? Can that be a possibility?
But had she not said of not dating him even in her dreams? That could be a joke maybe.
Dev groaned at his messed up thoughts. Every possibility he considered had a brighter side to it which he wasn't certain of. After alot of mitigation, Dev decided on not repeating his mistake all over again. He was going to confess to Vedangi today.