14.

वो देखने में कैसी सिधी साधी लगती
है बोलती के वो कूछ नही समझती 🎶

-------
A/N - couldn't keep you guys waiting for the conversation that unfolds. An important one in their life
-------

"Why haven't you decorated your house?" Dev asked, sipping on his Chai.
"I didn't get the time to explore places here in Bangalore that have interior decoration stuff. And also I'm here only for a year, who's going to carry it all again to a new place?" Vedangi answered.
The end part of her statement made Dev slightly uneasy but he didn't show it on his face.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He questioned her out of the blue and she looked taken aback.
Squinting her eyes as usual, she gestured in a no.
"You definitely have a girlfriend." Vedangi stated, biting the puff.
"What makes you think I've a girlfriend?" Devdutt asked curiously.
"Oh please, look at the amount of girls ready to die for you! You're good looking, tall, famous, wealthy and not to forget arrogant!" She said it bluntly.
"Achha? I'm reduced to arrogance in your eyes?" Devdutt questioned curiously.
"Like a coin, there is a good side and a bad side to you. I'm yet to see the good one." Vedangi laughed at her own answer and he did too.

"Then let me guess, you were heartbroken, weren't you?" She asked a rhetorical question and Devdutt's expression changed rapidly.
Disha's face flashed infront of his eyes as he remembered his agony.
"Fine I was heartbroken." Sighing, he  answered after a pause.
"Heartbreak stories are my favorite. Tell me yours na!" Vedangi clapped her hands together while folding her legs into a comfortable position.
"You're vile! And insane!" Devdutt remarked.
"Yeah I am! Now tell." She dismissed him.

"I was never the one who gets lured by girls and goes insane like Kabir Singh and I still am not." Devdutt started with his story.
"But she was something else. She was the most beautiful person I'd ever met! She was intelligent, popular, compassionate and polite." He added.
"What is her name?" She asked, bubbling with curiosity.
"Disha. Disha Rajan." He answered.
"Where is she now? And what happened to your story?" Vedangi bombarded him with questions.
"She's in London. She left two years ago, abruptly. I never got a chance to express my feelings."
"This will be the biggest regret of my life. I should've told her. The weight of those words killed me everyday, plaguing my mind as to why was this happening with me!" Devdutt paused to look at Vedangi who was listening intently.

"I know how you feel. When I was in twelfth, my grandpa used to call occasionally from Lucknow and ask me to visit. But I had my exams so I refused ki exams ke baad aaungi." Vedangi narrated.
"I was sure ki I'll go visit them once exams are done but two days before my history paper, he passed away in his sleep. I should've atleast video called and told him how much I love and miss him but I never got the chance." Her eyes stung with tears.
"I'm so sorry." Devdutt said it genuinely.

"It's okay. Do you mind if I bluntly state my observation?" Vedangi asked apprehensively, looking into his eyes.
"Yes go on."
"I feel you judge people. Like your eyes give away the fact that you're judgemental." She stated.
"Really? Is it that obvious?" Devdutt curiously asked.
"Yes it is. Matlab ek hi nazar mein thousands of thoughts flash across your eyes when you look at someone." She added.
"How are you so accurate? This started from the time I fell for Disha. I started comparing every girl to her and maybe I still do." Devdutt admitted.
"After she left, whenever I saw a girl and if I didn't like something she did or wore or spoke, I used to make up my mind of her not being like  Disha." He added.

"I judged you too." He revealed and Vedangi threw her head back laughing.
"I judged you for your arrogance and I was like, look at Disha and look at you! Also I hated it when girls wore kurta and jeans because it strongly reminded me of her. I judged you for that too." He added.
"How predictable can you be? I was sure of the fact that you have judged me. So am I like Disha then?" Vedangi raised her eyebrow with a playful smile on her face.

"No you're not." Devdutt answered instantly.
"Obviously." Vedangi shook her head.
"No don't get me wrong. You're not Disha because you're Vedangi. You are you." He looked into her eyes as he said that.
Vedangi looked taken aback. She could feel the blush creeping up her cheeks so she instantly looked out of the window.
"What happened?" He asked puzzled.
"Nothing. But you need to stop looking at every girl hoping for her to be like Disha! If you eye every girl as dal chawal, how will you explore tangdi kebab, hakka noodles and keema paav?" Vedangi laughed at the end.
"How much of a yjhd fanatic are you?" Devdutt asked incredulously.
"On a scale of 10, I'm a 100." She retorted.

"Do you mind if I follow you on Instagram?" Devdutt asked Vedangi while he was standing at the door about to leave.
"Agle hi din tumhare fanpages mera account spam karenge." Vedangi joked.
"Agar meine verified account se follow request nahi dali toh?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Don't tell me you've a private account?!"  She asked disbelievingly.
"Yes." Devdutt smiled while he searched for her account on Instagram.
"@chickenbiryaniforlife with a Manchester United profile picture, you're crazy Devdutt." Vedangi shook her head amused.
"Aur tumhara number?" Devdutt asked expectantly.
"Apni Amma se le lo and now go!" Vedangi pushed him out of the door and shut it but not before showing him her tongue.

_________________________________________

Guys the concept of Dev's spam account is purely fictional and I'm in no way related to him so don't ask me questions if it really exists.