34.

They had reached Edappal at seven in the morning, two hours earlier than usual. The first thing both of them did was hopping inside the blanket in their respective rooms. Dev's mother had told the local caretaker to have it cleaned and arranged neatly. As a result, a cosy bedroom awaited them.
Vedangi stepped inside the room and a wide smile made its way to her face.
The window was a mid sized one with a beautiful view of the tiny forest below. One could also see the tall coconut trees  from the peripheral vision. The window pane was brown and wooden, giving it an earthy touch. The atmosphere was slightly chilly and dewy.
Vedangi turned around to observe the other part of the room. The walls were a mix of olive greenish yellow colour, adding vibrance. The bed had a wooden headboard with cream coloured sheets and pillows.
Vedangi touched the blanket, amused with its unnatural softness. It was stitched from old sarees, making it warmer than usual. She remembered the blanket she had, her grandma from Lucknow had sent it to her on her fifteenth birthday. Her grandma had stitched it with her favourite purple saree and Vedangi did not let go of it for a whole week. She practically had it wrapped all over herself.
Unknowingly, her eyes welled up with tears while she caressed the blanket.

Dev laid down on the bed. He thought of everything going on in his life. How would Vedangi react if he confessed? She had already said she'd never date him even in his dreams. Was that real or a joke? And what if she had a thing for Dhruv?
Dev turned on his side restlessly. She had admitted that love was the problem in her life. Dev had not asked her the reason then, but he was dying to know what the real deal is. And what if? what if there was someone else in her heart? Someone no one of them knew, maybe a school guy or a college guy.
Hadn't she mentioned not having a boyfriend? What if she was a victim of unexpressed affection or unrequited love?
There was no escape from this possibilities engulfing his thoughts. Dev groaned in agitation. He closed his eyes to avoid thinking.

At two in the afternoon, a bang on his bedroom door made Dev wake up.
He walked to the door still yawning and opened it. Vedangi stood infront of him, looking as fresh as a daisy. A flowery scent traveled the air around her and Dev found it addictive. She had most probably taken a bath recently and she glowed. The creamy skin of her cheeks gave peeks of the light blue vessels underneath them.
"What time is it?" Dev asked in his raspy morning voice. That was enough to melt a whole human being into a puddle. A treacherous blush made its way to Vedangi's cheeks on imagining waking up next to him every morning.
"It's two in the noon Dev! If I wouldn't have banged your door now, you would've slept the whole day." Vedangi chuckled.
"Yeah try driving from twelve to seven while the person next to you sleeps soundly." Dev teased her.
"Stop yawning!" Vedangi lightly hit him on his arm after he yawned for the fifth time. Dev ran his fingers through his messy hair, leaning against the door.
"Try this stunt when people actually arrive for the wedding, bohot ladkiya hogi waha!" Vedangi remarked on seeing his biceps bulge through his tshirt sleeve.
"Mujhe jiss ladki ko impress karna hai woh bohot stubborn hai." Dev replied in a flirtatious tone.
"Woh already tumse impressed hai. Extra efforts daalne ki jaroorat nahi hai and go take a bath, we've to sort out lunch." Vedangi urged and he went away lazily.

If he was going to look this hot every morning, Vedangi would sell her soul to be Disha in his life.

"Vedangi! Idhar se on a two kilometre distance there's a tiffin room. Like a home food thing, do you want to try it out?" Dev asked as he descended the stairs.
"Sure, only if they serve local Malayali cuisine. I'm not in for any sort of Rajma Chawal or Dal Makhani thing." Vedangi agreed.
"Don't worry, they'll serve the Malayali sadya." Dev said.
"Sadya is a typical Malayli meal served on a banana leaf. It ususally is prepared on Onam or Vishu but here you'll get it anytime of the year." He added.
Vedangi's eyes lit up at the mention of the banana leaf and she couldn't wait to try out sadya.

They were greeted warmly at the tiffin room. Vedangi watched fondly as the women served food to everyone present. They sat on the ground with a clean banana leaf infront of them that was slowly being filled with food items.
A certain old lady piqued Dev's interest and he started talking to her in Malayalam. Vedangi observed both of them conversing as if they knew each other since long. The old lady looked at Vedangi and gestured something in Malayalam to which Dev gave an instant explanation. Vedangi obviously had no idea what they talked about but she found it amusing.
"That was Alka Amma, she lives right next to my grandparents' house." Dev told Vedangi.
"I recognized her and introduced myself and then she recalled and exclaimed 'look at how different you look young boy!' " He imitated and Vedangi chuckled.
"And why did she gesture at me?" Vedangi asked.
Dev's expression turned hesitant at that. "She thought we're married. She said 'such a pretty wife you have!' " Dev explained.
Vedangi went speechless at that. Had people really started seeing them as a couple? Why couldn't Dev see that himself? After a pregnant pause, she said, "Ab toh pakka Malayali ladka dhoondna padega! Tumhare koi friends hai shaadi ke liye tayyar?"
Before he could answer, she started laughing.
"Friends ka pata nahi but don't worry ek na ek Malayali ladka mil hi jayega." He teased.
"Sirf ek?" She chuckled.
"Wear the Kasavu saree and you'll find thousands ready to die for you." He said playfully.
"Are thousand people even invited to the wedding?" She chuckled before delving into her meal.
Dev was left perplexed with her statement. Who was she talking about? She had shown no signs of having any sort of romantic affection for him, it's got to be someone else.

_________________________________________

All of them are living unaware of the reality.
Also how's the new cover?