28.

क्यूँ कोई पास है दूर है क्यूँ कोई जाने ना कोई यहाँ पे.

Disha paced around in the balcony of her house, deep in thought.
What had changed? And that too with such intensity? He even refused to look her in the eyes.
Did he fall for Vedangi? But what about Dhruv?
Disha was worried for her brother. This had gotten all the more complicated after getting introduced to Vedangi.

The amount of hurt when someone you love unconditionally refuses to acknowledge you is heavier than the Pyramid of Giza. There once was a time when he stared at her lovingly for hours and now he looked at her with dismay. How did affection turn into resentment so easily?
Was she the reason for her misfortune?
Disha couldn't imagine life without Dev but somewhere in her heart she strongly believed that he'd always love her. He was hers, wasn't he?

At lunch the next day, Disha finally managed to pluck up the courage and talk to Dev personally.
"Dev!" She addressed him hesitantly.
Dev closed his eyes for a second before he turned around to face her.
She still wore the same kurti that she had two years ago.
"What?" He asked irritatedly.
"Can- can I talk to you for a minute?" Disha asked nervously. Dev nodded his head in a yes.
"Somewhere private?" She added, still nervous.
Dev sighed before he walked to the far corner of the corridor with her.

"Why won't you look at me like you did before?" Disha's voice cracked.
"You've been ignoring me continuously! You've changed so much! The Dev I knew was never arrogant and reluctant." She added heartbroken.
"The Dev you knew vanished years ago!" Dev replied agitatedly.
"What happened so suddenly? Let alone talk, you have become irrecognizable! Did you forget the Saint Joseph's days?"
Disha held his arm as tears welled up in her eyes.
"It was you who forgot everything! You disappeared from the face of Earth randomly! You didn't bother to call, let alone leave a message! You couldn't tell this to Nitya? You kept her in the dark as well!" Dev yelled exasperatedly.
"She had called me frantically to tell that you left. You didn't care to inform your bestfriend and you expect everyone to be okay with it?" He questioned angrily.
"Guess what? I'm not Nitya to act like nothing ever happened!" Dev stated unapologetically.

"I - I was very angry at my father for suddenly announcing the shift to London. And - and amidst all the rage, I deleted my number, my social media, everything!" Disha cried genuinely.
"You cannot barge into my life again when it is finally back on track! Don't act like you don't know what we had two years ago, if you had dropped a message, I would've done everything in my power to stop you." Dev laughed ignorantly.
Disha looked up at him with glossy eyes. He had just admitted to having feelings for her and she was the reason for her loss.

Dev groaned while she looked up at him expectantly. He didn't harbour any romantic feelings for Disha anymore. How was he going to tell this to her though? And did he even know if Vedangi likes him or not?
"I'm getting late, please excuse me." He said curtly and took few steps only to stop as Disha called his name.
"Can you atleast be civil with me? Please don't ignore me, it is killing me!" She pleaded sincerely.
Dev couldn't help but agree to her request. He had been unsually harsh with Disha for no fault of hers. But nothing could change the fact that he was in love with Vedangi.
All he could do on his part was to give clarity to Disha and be civil with her.

The moment Dev walked away around the corner, Disha broke down profusely. She had ruined all her chances of ever being with him. He hates her for no fault of hers. He fleetingly suggested the possible outcome if she hadn't gone to London and that was going to make her regret for a lifetime.
Pulling out her phone from her jeans pocket, Disha opened her gallery and reopened the folder that had their photos. Randomly clicked by their friends, those were the most beautiful asset she had. Truly candid, they practically resonated love as she swiped through them. They were the priceless gemstone she owned.

Disha was astounded as reality hit her, love was taxing but she was ready to pay the price. She would win him over again.

_________________________________________

Honestly, Dev is so so rude.