36

Author's POV

A month later.

"I missed you both so much," Noori yelled, hugging her sister-in-law.

"So, am I expecting a nephew or niece any time soon? Rayan wiggled his brows at Umair.

"Shut up,  besharam." Humna slaps Rayan's head.

Everyone broke out in laughter. Humna passed a very fussy Ahaan to Illiyeen, and he immediately calmed down.

"He sure is Mami Jaan's favorite," Ahsan commented, making Illiyeen tightly hug Ahaan.

"And Suha is her Phopo's." Mawaa cuddled a giggling Suha.

"Well, I want to be someone's favorite, too. So, Bhai and Bhabhi, I need your child!" Rayan exclaimed.

The whole Afternoon, Ansari enjoyed themselves after a long time.

***
"Dad, you called me?" Umair asked his dad, who was sipping tea.

"Haan, I had to discuss something with you guys. Let's wait for your mom and wife." Sajid replied while reading a political book.

"Is everything alright, Dad? You look worried. Don't worry, you will win the elections." Umair placed his hand on Sajid's shoulder.

"Ji Sajid, you called us?" Sadeeqa entered, with Illiyeen following behind.

They all settled down.

"Aqsa Chowdhry's brother-in-law called me today. They want to come this weekend. Most likely to ask for Noorian's hand in marriage. That's what I think." Sajid announced, leaving everyone shocked.

"For Zayn?" Sadeeqa questioned, and Sajid nodded.

"But, Dad, she is too young. You should politely reject them." Umair said.

"I think we should ask Noori," Illiyeen exclaimed. Umair scoffed and shook his head at her. "Dekho Umair, I know she is young. But, still, we should at least tell her about her prospective alliance. I understand why you all are worried, but maybe getting married is on Noori's wishlist."

"I agree with Illiyeen, and not every girl wants to run away from getting married. Maybe Noori intends to start a new life. Regardless, it should be her decision." Sadeeqa announced.

"How can you say this? Humna Api was 25 when she married, Illiyeen was 26, and Mawaa was 26. How do we let Noori get married at the age of 23? Besides, she is still immature and childish." Umair protested.

"Maturity does not come with age. Our Noori is an independent, strong, and honest person. She lived in another country apart from her family for many years. She is mature enough to make her own decisions. Also, we will never abandon her. She would still have a family to run back to. At least let's talk with her." Illiyeen tried to make sense.

Suddenly, everyone turned around and saw Noori standing with Humna at the door.

"Bhabhi is right, bhai. I do want to get married." Noori announced, and a smile crept into Sajid's face.

"But, Noori, you have your career to worry about," Umair said. Noori sat beside her brother and held his hand.

"Bhai, Bhabhi is working, so is Mawaa Api. Besides, I am a writer. I don't think my career is at stake here. So, If you all find a guy suitable for me, I want to meet him." Noorian smiled at her brother. Umair nodded and side-hugged Noori.

"Perfect. I will tell them about Sunday. Is that okay?" Sajid asked everyone, and they all agreed.

***