11.5 Doofus (It's About Time! 2)

"Sorry, Agent y/n and Perry the Platypus, I didn't want you to find out this way."

"How else did you think we'd find out?!" You were exasperated. Doof sighed.

"Ok, here it is; Peter the panda is my new nemesis. We met at an evil genius expo in Seattle, and, well, me and Peter just instantly disliked each other. And then, he foiled a little evil scheme of mine. I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. Peter the panda, be a dear and go get us a soda."

"Doof, you shouldn't have kept this from us," you told him; not like he listened.

"It's not that I don't hate you anymore, I do! But, look— I just think it's time for us to, you know, take a break and start fighting other people," Peter came back with two glasses.

"Thank you, Peter the panda," Doof said as he took a glass and drank it while Peter had the other, leaving none for you or Perry. "I'd offer you some, Perry the Platypus and y/n, but I think it's better if we just take a clean break."

"Disgusting," you mumbled.

"So, where was I? Oh, yes!" What? "So, Peter the Panda, you think you have outwitted me!" You and Perry just watched sadly, but Doof looked over to you guys, "Y/n, Perry the Platypus, you're making this harder than it needs to be. Go on, it's over now," he said, pushing the two of you out the door, but you got a glance of a huge contraption.

"What's that?"

"Oh, that? That's a Freezinator ray, but I don't want to explain it again. I just gave the whole spiel to Peter, but don't worry, he's stopping me. He's got it well in hand."

"And look, you could even practice fighting y/n, see?" You looked down at Perry whilst he looked back up at you. The both of you were disappointed in Doof. Sure, he was "evil" he wasn't supposed to have morals, but did he really have to leave you two behind?

"Doof, I—" he slammed the door in your face. For a mere second, your blood boiled, but soon reality came back to you. Doof just left you and Perry.

"Goodbye," was all he said.

"Perry, I'm so sorry," you muttered while sadly walking down the hall with him. He shook his head, the both of you knew it wasn't your fault, but you couldn't help but wonder. How long had Perry fought Doofenschmirtz? Longer than the few days you took to ruin their relationship, that was for sure.

Before stepping into the elevator, the two of you listened to what Doof was saying from across the hall. Things like, "Curse you, Peter the panda!" Could be heard.

You pressed on the elevator button and went in with Perry. Nobody else was in there, so you just spoke freely to him. "Perry, this is all my fault," you said, voice breaking a bit.

His eyes widened, and he looked up at you with jazz-hands. You got the message: please don't cry. "But it is my fault, isn't it? You fought with your arch nemesis for years; I'm here for a week and poof! Lost it all," he shook his head as the elevator door opened.

It was raining outside. You and Perry stared sadly at Doofenschmirtz's building, ironically while standing in front of a restaurant titled: Better Panda.

You heard the soft lull of piano notes, followed by a lyrics eerily familiar to your situation.

🎶 Without your schemes, my life, it seems, is empty~

🎶 I spent all my time keeping you from doing wrong~

Perry kicked a puddle, and all of a sudden you got flashbacks of fighting Doof with him by your side.

🎶 You were my only nemesis. I'd foil your plans, but still I miss the moments when we didn't get along~

This was starting to feel like a fever dream. You were running to Doof on a beach beside Perry. All in slow motion, mind you. In movies, this would end with a hug or kiss even, but instead, Perry punched him and you kicked him to the ground.