11. It's About Time! (Cheating Nemesis)

"Hey, look at those fossils, kids. They're creatures that lived right here in Danville millions of years ago," Phineas and Ferb's dad said. The family was going to the museum and the boys were able to convince their parents to bring you along.

"Lucky these things aren't here today," you were about to add something to that, but Candace swooped in.

"No, it would be lucky if we weren't here today,"

"Lighten up Candace, these fossils are really interesting!" You said, just to be countered.

"Sure, not like your going to mysteriously disappear in the middle of the day," that was offensive. Did she really think you left because they were boring?

"Hey, y/n keeps Perry safe," Phineas pointed out.

"Oh, and where does he go? Volcanoes? Airplanes? Evil scientists?" She got really close to home with that last one.

"Uh, just-" you didn't know what to answer. Either something stupidly safe, or the exact opposite.

"Oh, look. This T-Rex footprint was found not thirty yards from this very spot!" Their dad exclaimed. He was really excited, and British as ever. He went on to point out some, arguably boring, fossils, but what really caught your eye was a room titled "Gadgets Through the Ages,"

"Hey guys, I think you'll like this," you pointed to the room whilst their dad left for milkshakes. Phineas' eyes glowed, and Ferb looked- well he looked like himself... which is a good thing.

"This exhibit was made for us! Hey, what are all those people looking at?" Phineas said, pointing at a group of people surrounding an exhibit.

"And this is one of our most curious pieces. A time machine, made by a nineteenth century scientist named Xavier Onassis. But of course, we know he never finished it, or else we'd still see him here today. Ha ha, right? Right ha?" No one was laughing. Other than that though, this invention sounded really interesting.

"A time machine, huh," Phineas said as the tourist group left.

"Seems like it. Or, at least the beginnings of one," you mentioned before sneaking off with Perry.

"Ferb, I know what we're gonna do to- hey, where are Perry and y/n?" you heard the faint voice of Phineas in the background.

Perry took you to a photo booth. Once inside, he pressed some button and as the photos were taken, the two of you dropped into a tube. Sliding down, Perry landed in his seat and you landed- on top of him. "Whoa!" And then both of you toppled on the floor. You were honestly surprised Major Monogram wasn't laughing at you two.

Perry helped you up with an unrecognizable smile on his face.

~~~Perry's pov~~~

She's so pretty, was all that went through his mind. Helping her up, he couldn't help but put on a lovesick grin. He got himself together and saluted to Major Monogram, but he didn't respond. Waving his arms in the air trying to get his attention, y/n spoke up.

"Carl, is Major Monogram alright?" She asked.

"Oh, uh hi. Sorry, we seem to be having a bit of a situation here. Major Monogram has been frozen like this pretty much all day. Solid as a rock, oh sorry," Carl said, accidentally knocking over Major Monogram.

"What- what happened to him?"

~~~ Y/N pov~~~

"That is a good question. Any-who, if the Major were able to, I'm sure he'd say, well "Ouch," first of all am I right?" You rolled your eyes. "Heh, heh, but seriously, I'm sure he'd say Doofenschmirtz was up to something and you two should get to the bottom of it. Am I right, sir," Major Monogram grunted a few times in his still solid state.

"I think you are, Carl,"

"Thanks, good luck Agents," the two of you then left.

"How are we going to get there today?" Perry looked at you with a eyebrow raised before pointing to a diving suit. "Oh, um... I don't know how that'll end," he only had one for himself, and you swimming all the way there was already out of the question.

'Think you can use a jet pack?' He signed.

"If I try hard enough, I think I might not die," you said. He "chuckled" and gave you a thumbs up. Even if it was a joke he was supposed to take it seriously, but sure. He put on the suit and left.

"Ok, y/n. We've got to get to Doofenschmirtz somehow," you put on the jet pack and nearly tumbled over backwards. Geez, that must be one strong platypus. You pressed a button, and it shot up into the air. "Ahh!" Luckily, you were able to maneuver it to Doof's lair.

You landed on the balcony just as Perry jumped out of the pool. "Do you really have a tunnel leading all the way to your nemesis' pool?" He shrugged, rolling to the side of the building. You just walked there like a normal person.

He made his way to the rim of the glass semicircle he had outside. You could hear things like: "Oh, take that! And that!" You and Perry both looked confused, and a bit shocked.

Perry took the initiative, and kicked the door open, just to find... Doof. "Perry the Platypus, Agent y/n, I uh-"

"Doof, what's going on?"

"There's no one else here! I mean, what are you doing here?" He had a paw print on his cheek, and a door in the back was rustling. As if something was trying to get out of it. You and Perry just stared wide-eyed at Doof, awkwardly. "Uh, I have mice?"

The two of you stomped up to the door, "I wouldn't go there if I were you!" Doof pleaded. Perry opened the door, and if either of your eyes could get wider, they did. It was a tiny panda about Perry's size... he was a secret agent too. "Perry the Platypus, y/n, I swear I have never seen this secret agent-looking panda before," lying to your face.

Perry looked betrayed and a bit disappointed as he pointed to the paw print on Doof. "That was the dirtiest lie I have ever heard," you said, flatly.

"Heh, heh, well there's a panda in my closet and a panda paw print on my cheek, but it's not what you think! We're not enemies we're- just bad friends," It wasn't funny anymore.

~~~

1073 words

"PETER THE PANDA!!! Ahem, sorry. I wanted to get his out, but it was getting long so I'll just finish the other part and post it tomorrow. I'm happy it's finally the weekend which means more writing! Please vote and comment your thoughts if you liked it, and as always I'll see you next chapter,"

- Coffee