7. Two Fake Lives

Warning!: This chapter talks about an abusive childhood and heavily implies the reader is facing depression. I don't mean to belittle the real people going through this and please inform me if I'm spreading any sort of harmful stereotypes.

The day was as usual and you flopped onto your sleeping bag. Your parents hadn't been here in nearly a week. It was actually nice not having them around. You could get used to the lack of complaints.

All of the pets were asleep and you had nothing better to do than laze around. While it was inclining to draw or test out your old cooking skills (what can I say, being a waitress pays off), you decided against it.

"Grgrgrrgrgr," your eyes widened.

"Perry?" You noticed the teal platypus in his fedora at the end of the room. He was right next to the open window.

"Is anything wrong? I thought you only thwarted Doof once a day," he shook his head, but then gestured to the room whilst looking around.

"Oh yeah, it's a bit of a mess around here," your dry chuckle did not help reassure him.

For someone with such a stoic attitude, he was actually pretty expressive. He glanced around the room with a raised eyebrow and, while it was subtle, his eyes softened at the kitties.

He, once again, looked at you, perking an eyebrow. He was looking for answers and you didn't have them. Well, it was more like you didn't want to tell him. In your eyes it was pathetic that you were cooped up in here. And the fact that it was because of your parents didn't make it any easier.

Click

Oh no, "Perry hide!" The platypus looked confused before quickly turning into his oblivious pet form.

"Ew, what's that, another animal," you heard your moms voice behind you.

"Hello mother, I actually don't know where he came from. Must've just jumped in through the window,"

"Did you get a job yet?"

"I honestly don't know how you expect me to get a job whilst stuck in here,"

"Uh, piece of filth, probably sneaking out at night," you got used to being talked to like that.

"I'll get a job soon, I'll even earn more than the last!"

"You better, do you know how much you cost me!" Nearly all your water usage was in public restrooms or the Flynn-Fletcher house. All your food was from your old earnings, and that's what this house was currently running on.

Long story short: You didn't cost her a penny.

"I'm sorry, I promise I'll do better,"

She scoffed at you, "Start by getting that disgusting thing out of here," she said, walking out the door and locking it behind her.

You looked back down at the teal platypus. 'Y/n, what's going on?' While it was said in sign language you could tell it was a question and that he was concerned.

You started tearing up, "It-it's my mom. She expects so much of me and I barely get to see her. My entire life is just being cooped up in a room until it's time to go to work. I'm so pathetic, I can't do anything myself, but I've been forced to be independent my entire life. My siblings are dead or long gone and my dad gave up on me. I-I'm s-o sorry," you were in tears at this point, "I can't believe you're forced to stay with me. I- I'm just disgusting,"

His eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

~~~ Perry's pov ~~~

He didn't know what to do. He wasn't used to comforting people like this. All he did know how to do was be Doofenschmirtz's makeshift therapy animal.

Except with Doofenschmirtz, all his problems felt exaggerated and heavily animated. With y/n it felt more like the people in her life were just awful and she was put into even worse circumstances.

His first extinct was to walk up to her. At this point she was crying on your knees. She looked so broken.

He hated it. How could they do this to her?!?

She was loving, kind, intelligent, funny, and so much more, and this is how she's treated.

Dare he say it, he even lov-

No. This wasn't about him and his selfish feelings. He had to comfort her.

"Grgrgrgrrgrgr," he chittered while doing his best to hug her.

Her sobs softened and she wrapped her arms around him. They stayed in that embrace for a while. "Thank you, Perry" he loved her voice. While sometimes it was loud and confident, at times like this it was soft yet full of meaning.

He let go, but only to show her how he felt about this.

'Y/n, no matter what people say, know that you are just too wonderful for their pitiful lives. You have to keep the burden of a secretive world, and while you might feel ashamed by it, you can tell me anything. You don't know how much I... appreciate you'

She smiled and hugged him again. While he was a bit surprised she could even understand him through all those tears, he decided not to question it.

The next thing he knew he was asleep in her arms. The world wasn't perfect, people will be horrid, and neither of them could change that. All he knew though, was that they'd face it together.

~~~

903 words

"This chapter was too much for me. I'm SOOO SORRY for not updating in so long. I didn't abandon this, I just had really bad writers block when it came to continuing this story. And, to add to that, unlike Phineas and Ferb, my summer break isn't 104 days long, and just ended. Chapters will come up twice a week from now on and again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'd be surprised if I had dedicated readers in the first place. Oh, and as a side note, please tell me if I handled the readers feelings well, obviously, depression isn't something you can just write down and I'll add to these thoughts as the story continues. This note is getting long, so please vote, and comment, and follow for more. It's your support that keeps me writing in the first place!"

-Coffee