10. Sleepy, Cuddley, Platypusley (Get That Bigfoot Outa My Face 3)

You got onto the couch, ready for bed. Nearly everyone else got a sleeping bag or bed, but you were fully content with your place on the couch.

Letting your eyelids droop, you took in your surroundings. To your right, two windows let streams of moonlight into the living room. It wasn't overbearing, just comforting. Like a warm caress in a strange new environment. There were photos and objects of all shapes and sizes adorning the mantle. You made up vivid stories as to how those memories were created in the first place. It was a wonderful little game, but you weren't feeling even a tad bit drowsy.

Even sleeping in the Flynn-Fletcher's house wouldn't be that difficult, it was just the fact that you'd never been in this cabin. You needed something to help you feel less homesick. A familiar face, maybe?

"Grgrgrgrrgrgrgh,"

"Perfect timing, as always," you whispered. The now completely clean platypus, perked an eyebrow. "I was looking for some company,"

He could probably only see your silhouette from that angle, but you smiled at him anyways. "Come on," with that, the leaped onto the couch. "Having a hard time getting to sleep too?"

He nodded, making his way to your side. The warmth near your stomach was comforting. All you had was a blanket Phineas had lent you. You let Perry go underneath the blanket and he laid near your chest. Having you at his side was just as comforting to him as it was to you.

"Silly little secret agent," you mumbled, playing around with the tuft of teal fur on his head. He chittered, leaning into you more.

You stayed in that position for a bit. Your eyelids getting heavier every moment that passed. You snuggled into the platypus until you fell fast asleep.

~~~

"Ah," you yawned. Sunlight cascaded through the windows. According to your quick glance at the nearest clock, it was six a.m.

Perry was still in your arms. Was he going to have the same reaction that he did last time? Because you were not ready for that. You kissed your sleeping partner on the head and placed him at the foot of the couch. There, now he can't go bonkers.

You fell asleep once again. He didn't have to know about your affection towards him. For now, you were just his partner. As simple as that.

~~~

397 words

"Short, I know, but I finished the really long chapter before this, so I think it's worth it. I have a bit of an announcement to make regarding chapter updates so that should be out by now. As always, vote and comment for more and I'll see you next chapter"

- Coffee