Part 17

10 minutes had passed, Nurse Hill unstrapped Sam and picked him up and placed him on the floor, and his body went floppy. He couldn't sit up. "Sam, can you hear me?"
"Mmmmm, fffff mmmfff."
"It's worked then. I'll lay him down on his front and see if he can move, Dr Bradley, can you get Amanda."
Dr Bradley came in to get me and put me by the door in the padded room. "Just stay here, Amanda." Sam could see me eating my chocolate. It must have angered him as he tried to move. He couldn't even crawl he moved about an inch. "Mmmmmmfffffff mmmff"
"Let's take the babies off to dinner, Nurse Hill. Will you put Sam in his chair."
Nurse Hill picked up a floppy Sam and placed him in his chair, secured his head, and wheeled him into the hall while Dr Bradley carried me. He found me a chair placed me in it, put my bib on me.
"I will feed you today." He put the bottle at my lips, and I began to suckle. Sam was being bottle fed next to me. It seemed there was no fuss. The bowls were coming around, Mash potato and green beans. I didn't mind this. I ate my food, no problem. Sam, on the other hand, wasn't opening his mouth, so Nurse Hill had to pinch his nose everytime, by the time he had finished, he was a mess. It was time for bed. "Amanda, I want to talk to you in my office before you go to sleep." He carried me into his office and placed me in a chair.
"This is a serious conversation, ok? There is another ward here, ward 6. It's a special ward for daddies and mummies and babies. It is currently empty. I'd like you to go there with me, I will be your daddy. We will stay there for 2 weeks. You will call me Daddy and follow my rules. If you are naughty, then you'll be punished by me. How does that sound?"
"Umm ok"
"Ok, then that was easy. Let's get your things. Say bye to Nurse Hill."
"We go now?
"Yes, sweatpea,"
He picked me up and carried me off to my room, I got my stuff and said bye for now to nurse Hill.
"See you in two weeks, nurse Hill. Everything here will be easy for you now with Sam's condition."
"Ok Dr Bradley see you soon,"
He carried me off to ward 6.