007.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

INFINITY ISLAND
THREE YEARS AGO

"SHADOW!" A VOICE BOOMED AT HER AS SHE LAID ON THE GROUND, COVERED IN CUTS AND BRUISES "Get up this instant, my child" Deathstroke gently took her arms and helped her up "This is what happens when you do not listen Shadow"

He helped her up and guided her to some place she could not decipher, her vision was too blurred but she could tell they had been far away from the training area "Now, you know how much I care which is why I have to do this" Suddenly his grip on her tightened and she became more alert of the situation but it was far too late. She found herself locked in a dark room and her eyes widened

"No" She whispered in a panic before repeating the word continuously to herself and trying to kick the door. "Don't try and free yourself, my child. This is a lesson you have to learn. You know I do this because I want you to be better, kid. Try not to disappoint me the next time"

Shadow scoffed at his words, the ten year old sitting down and hugging her knees. She had no source of light, it was darkness at every corner and she closed her eyes in fear as she felt a tendril gently graze her cheek. Shadow didn't like the man, she hated when he did this to her. His words were venom coated sweetness. He was the type to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person. That is what he would try do with Shadow, not that the child realised.

Up until she was nine, she thought he loved her, this was love from someone who raised her as a father would. But, control and manipulation are not love; the outcome is a life of imprisonment ultimately leading to deep-rooted feelings of resentment. She would grow to hate him more.

"Shadow..." A voice whispered from within the darkness. Oh how she hated the darkness, there was always something lingering in there, waiting for her "You must look Shadow" She squirmed uncomfortably as she felt a hand grip her leg "You must come with us Shadow...you are a part of us" She harshly clawed at her leg only to find nothing there "Leave me"

"Why? Don't you want to play with me?" She shook her head "Too bad..." It was silent for a moment and she had made a mistake of opening her eyes only to see a horrific scene that made her want to scream but she couldn't find her own voice. In front of her hung three pale corpses, all crying hysterically as a dark figure with a white mask and huge stitches forming its mouth and eyes stood to the side beckoning her "I want to play with you"

She closed her eyes once more and took in a deep breath before opening them to see everything gone. She sighed in relief and hugged herself tighter, turning her head to the side and gasped at the next vision. A beating human heart laid in front of her as the dark figure sat on her right and tsked "She crushed my heart...she crushed my heart" He kept on saying and then laughed maniacally "But I have you. I will always have you"