037.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅

GOTHAM CITY
JANUARY 2, 10:30 EST
FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE TEAM WAS FORMED.

ALFONSO, THE DEMON HAD NO LAST NAME. FOR HE DID NOT CARE MUCH FOR LAST NAMES. BECAUSE HE WAS A DEMON. Now, his entire lives purpose was simply to serve the Vasilios bloodline. His master was a good man, looking for his grand daughter and the last survivor of the bloodline.

Fortunately for them, they knew of her whereabouts, they now only wished she come out of hiding. But, that worthless assassin, kept them blocked away. "We must make sure you are well, Master. You have been growing much too weak."

"Apollo. That boy of mine, where in hell is he?" Alfonso looked down at the teacup in his hand "He was last seen in Berlin. He's one of the strongest mafia's in the world, he's in hiding"

"Then I hope he remains hidden" Though his master had skilled deflection, one could see he missed his child. The man gripped his head and took the tea cup from him "My granddaughter, where did you last see her?"

"Upon a rooftop in the city, she was reading Shakespeare. Impressive, for she is only nine" Hermes let out a strangled laugh before it turned into a cough and Alfonso stood straighter "If I may, master please allow me to heal you with demon blood if it is persistant" Hermes shook his head "No need, a simple cough. Nothing to worry about, whiskey on rocks is certainly not good at night" Alfonso sighed "As you wish" He stared at the portrait in his office and narrowed his eyes at the other figure "He might hear you glaring"

"He absolutely did. How are you Jeeves. You didn't miss me too much?" Alfonso's eyes narrowed at the other member of the Vasilios bloodline, some he loathed, hated beyond compare. He hoped to see him dead, lying in a ditch somewhere. "I feel so very miserable without you; it's almost like having you here."

Hades laughed mockingly before looking at his brother "You look like heaven" The other man rolled his eyes "You're no more prettier brother. We have the same face" Hades smirked "Mine took a minute more to make, however." He looked at Alfonso "Go now, fetch me a spot of tea while my brother and I catch up"

"How's the Underworld?"

"Boring this time of year. One should always visit it in spring. The summer's far too crowded. What with the souls and crying babies" Hermes rolled his eyes as did Alfonso before walking into the kitchen. He never quite liked Hades Pearson, he was their family's black sheep. The evil one. Now that he was back after five years of peace. Something odd was bound to happen.

He was almost tempted to put poison into his tea, but killing a Vasilios for a demon was both impossible and condemned them to a fate not too likeable. He carried the tray in and placed it on the side table near the leather couch where the wretched one sat "Alfonso, you could simply burn me. It would be a lot faster than your clearly unwelcoming gaze"

"Do not be the cause of his vexation, brother. Alfonso. I require you to try finding a demon strong enough to break the seal on infinity island." Alfonso nodded and was immediately off to his task and Hermes turned to his brother "Must you be so foul?"

"What is on infinity island?" His brother questioned "Besides assassins and large palm trees?"

"None of your business" Hades' eyes narrowed as he looked away "Of course brother"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅

GOTHAM CITY
DECEMBER 17 13:48 EST

HOW COULD HE HAVE NOT SEEN IT? THE SIGNS HAD ALL BEEN THERE. But, now nothing could be done. Alfonso watched as the man feasted on a demon heart like some sort of cannibal and glared at him "Now, now. Alfonso. Don't be so fussy. I promise to treat her well. Just like how brother dearest intended"

"You have all the virtues i dislike and none of the vices I admire" The man scoffed "Well the signet can only do so much. I implore you for your sake, do not open your mouth without reason after this. It will not end well" Alfonso glared for he was helpless as long as that signet remained on his hand. He only hoped the new Miss would save them all from a doomed eternity.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅

WASHINGTON DC
PEARSON & CO
JANUARY 6, 09:08 EST

"MR PEARSON?" THE MAN LOOKED UP FROM HIS DESK AND SAW HIS ASSISTANT STARE AT HIM "MISS SMITH GAVE THESE FILES?" THE MAN NODDED AND GESTURED FOR HIM TO PLACE THEM ON HIS DESK.

He pulled out a cigar and took a large puff, trying to calm himself down as an ugly shadow creature stared at him from the dark corner of the room. He let out a sigh "You really think you'll scare me? I could always rip your heart out and eat it. Be gone, you need not keep an eye on me. That little girl is afraid of you. Thinks you might kill her. Truthfully so, with a face like that, you seem more like the someone we seek protection from rather than the one who protects. You have no power until her curse is broken"

He felt a searing headache and dropped the cigarette on the floor, gripping hid skull until eventually his nose bled out and it stopped "Bloody hell. She may be more powerful than I thought" He coughed out a maniacal laugh and crushed the cigar with his hand.

This was only the beginning.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅

WITH THE BLOOD MOON APPROACHING, HE NEEDED TO BE FAST. PERHAPS A LITTLE FORCE JUST MIGHT DO THE TRICK. "Find me that hunter. Now"

so we associate. The good, by affinity, seek the good; the vile, by affinity, the vile. Thus of their own volition, souls proceed into Heaven, into Hell. He was as vile as one could get.