038.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY
JANUARY 18 13:46 EST

EVERY SICKNESS HAS AN ALIEN QUALITY, A FEELING OF INVASION AND LOSS OF CONTROL THAT IS EVIDENT IN THE LANGUAGE WE USE ABOUT IT. From the last few weeks Shadow had been feeling a strange sensation in her chest. Something was very wrong. Not in the world. Just with her.

Her head was spinning. Nightmares plagued her more than usual to the point she stopped sleeping, she only hoped her loving boyfriend didn't notice her change in behaviour. She hoped she didn't notice her own changes. Heightened senses, blood dripping from her nose and more.

Like at this moment.

Dark shadows creeped around as she hallucinated blood dripping from the walls, the sun going down and the sky turning dark red. She felt warm as bile rose up her throat and she cleared her throat. Adam's attention shifted to her "Miss Smi-uh Pearson? Still getting used to that one" He muttered, clearing his throat before looking at her "Miss Pearson, are you alright? You look a bit pale?"

"I'm fine, Mr Reagan. Please excuse me a moment" She stood up and walked out of her office as Adam stared at her, slightly worried.

She immediately walked into the bathroom and soon came the involuntary nausea-except it was just black liquid and her eyes slightly widened at the sight. She only choked up more and this continued for the next five minutes until she was heavily breathing, too much stress taken on by her body. She turned on the sink with shaky hands and looked up at the mirror to see the same black liquid dripping from her nose.

Looking up, she jerked back in terror seeing her reflection grinning in back at her, in her impulsivity-her lack of sleep and fear caught up to her-she broke the mirror, the shards falling to the floor as blood coated her hands and she looked at her hands in shock. Picking at her hands, quite harshly, she removed the shards, tearing her flesh and the cuts soon began to heal.

What was happening to her, she hadn't a clue. But, it was odd, she knew of life, it should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out.

She walked out of the bathroom and took a deep breath before entering her office "Are you feeling better?" Adam questioned but she simply sat down, not looking at him "Mr Reagan, I would like a moment alone, please" He nodded immediately and gathered all the files he had brought and left, offering her well wishes with a warm smile.

The machine buzzed and she sighed, answering it "Yes?"

"Miss Pearson, your presence has been requested by Mr Pearson-Helena will be coming in shortly with your instructions."

"Alright. Thank you, Beth" The answer machine buzzed off and she pulled out a migraine pill from her desk drawer and immediately took it. The knock on the door indicated Helena's arrival, the new assistant that was hired in place of Adam, who'd moved up the lawyer's ladder. "Come in"