027.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY
FEBRUARY 27 04:48 EST

CITIES. THEY WERE SO DENSELY POPULATED THAT YOU COULDN'T IMAGINE THERE WAS A TIME WHEN A CERTAIN PIECE OF LAND HAD NO CIVILISATION MARKING IT'S SPOT. JUST TREES AND OPEN FIELDS OF GRASS. MAYBE A BIRD OR TWO PERHAPS. ATHENA WAS FOND OF BIRDS. RAVENS AND DOVES IN PARTICULAR. BOTH COMPLEX. BOTH PARADOXES. LIKE NIGHT AND DAY.

Of course all her thoughts were simply to distract her own mind from lingering over several things that were happening at the moment. How she wished it could all stop for just a moment. But the sands of time stopped for no one.

"Thought I'd find you here" She heard footsteps approach her as she stared at the Gotham city skyline "How did you know I was back?"

The former Boy Wonder shrugged with a mischievous smile "Call it a gut feeling" She finally turned to look at him with a blank look and he let out a small chuckle "Ok. Ok. I heard you in the Cave last night."

"I wasn't aware you were awake."

"I wasn't but...Nevermind." He scratched the back of his neck "So how was it?" He questioned as he sat down next to her, prompting her to do the same. She let out a breath "It...was"

She gently placed her head on his shoulder. Contact with him came somewhat easier compared to others. His touch she often craved at times, it was warm and comforting to her. It had become habitual for them to stay closely huddled in the silence together at times. Under the stars, they sat, conversations being made by his heartbeat drumming in her ears and her soft breaths, each exhale making him feel more alive. No words were needed.

Shadow often thought back to a time where she would not have been as comfortable in his presence as she was now. She came up with nothing. Perhaps that is what love did to a person. It made them disgustingly cling onto the one they loved with hopes of forgetting all their misery and finding them a succour.

Dick knew not to ask too many questions when it came to Shadow. She hated questions and liked answers. When he saw her lost for words, which was a rare sight, he'd offer his silence. Something she wouldn't have to be questioned by. She could simply exist with him, and that was all he'd need. Knowing that she was alright; and in the times she wasn't, he'd still be here. Always.

"That bad?" He questioned and she let out a breath "The temple is located on a beautiful mountain" She began "I wanted nothing more than to fling myself off it" Dick let out a laugh and Shadow looked at him with a blank stare. "It is not funny" She rolled her eyes as he cleared his throat; she stood up walking away, him following behind with a grin

"No of course not"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

MOUNT JUSTICE
FEBRUARY 28, 09:07 EST