013.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

EVERY PART OF HER FELT AS IF IT WERE ON FIRE, TODAY'S TRAINING SESSION WAS HARDER THAN ONE SHE HAD EVER TAKEN AND IT HAD MOST CERTAINLY TAKEN A TOLL ON HER BODY. INJURED SHOULDERS, SCABBED KNEES AND BURNT FLESH. HOW MUCH MORE WAS SHE WILLING TO TAKE UNTIL SHE WAS SELFISH ENOUGH TO FINALLY FREE HERSELF FROM THE CLUTCHES OF WHAT HELD HER BEHIND?

"IT IS WITH IMMENSE PRIDE THAT THE MISSION OF THE LIGHT WAS A SUCCESS. THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS COMPLETELY UNDER SAVAGE'S CONTROL" Sensei nodded in approval and the former turned to Shadow who stood in the middle of the room with her arms crossed "Now, for your mission..."

A picture of Red Arrow appeared on the screen as a playback showed his oath taking as a Justice League member "...A subject of our plot, now a nuisance. Your task is to eliminate him. Immediately."

Shadow's eyes widened as she witnessed footage of Red Arrow running through the streets a dazed and confused look on his face.

Apparently Roy Harper was the mole.

"The words 'Broken arrow' are a trigger, should you need to or choose to use it as a means of making the kill easier. Go and do not disappoint" Shadow only nodded and walked out of the room, hoping Roy was really good at the hiding part.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

TURNS OUT HE WASN'T GOOD AT THE HIDING PART. SHADOW HAD FOUND HIM IN WASHINGTON DC IN ONE OF THE MANY EQUIPMENT CACHES HE INSTALLED IN MAHOR CITIES WHEN HE WENT SOLO "Don't move a muscle" He pointed an arrow at her and she raised a brow "Odd. I thought that was my line?" She taunted as she stepped inside through the window and he kept his bow pointed at her "I mean it, I'll shoot"

"Go ahead" She urged and he faltered for a moment before maintaining his stance "You're here to kill me" He stated "For a man who discovered half his existence was a copy of someone else's, you catch on quite quickly" She remarked dryly "Believe me, if I wanted you dead, you would be. But, I digress. If I kill you, I'll have to suffer the wrath of one very angry...bird and that is not something I wish to endure. I know a certain blonde wants you cleared out so I debate" Roy's brows furrowed as he went to question her but immediately turned when he saw Aqualad step inside and glared at him, Arrow pointed in his direction.

"I have not come to harm or apprehend you." Aqualad calmly spoke "But the Team requires answers."

"Me first." Roy demanded and Shadow rolled her eyes at his doubt "None of the Juniors are under Savage's control" Aqualad looked surprised to see her there as Roy shook his head "You can never be too careful. Tell me something you haven't told anyone else." He pressed "Tell me who broke your heart?"

Aqualad frowned but answered immediately "Tula. The girl I loved chose my best friend Garth over me." He looked at the arrow aimed at him "While my best friend on the surface world aims an arrow at my chest."