012.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN YOU GIVE UP. TIMES WHERE NOTHING MAKES SENSE. TIMES WHEN ALL OF YOUR EFFORTS ARE RENDERED OBSOLETE. THAT IS THE ONLY TIME WHERE YOU CHOOSE TO EXIST.

"You'll burn a hole through the concrete" She commented, not looking up from her book as Robin kept pacing back and forth, pausing only to look at his holoscreen before continuing on his back and forth path. "Like you care"

"I do not" She agreed "However, your little runway show is disturbing my peace" He narrowed his eyes "Deal with it"

"I will most certainly not" He groaned and sat down next to a pillar "You are so annoying"

"As are you" She countered, still not looking at him "Whatever troubles you is none of my concern, but, perhaps speaking of it might help" He was silent for a moment and turned off his holoscreen and turned to her, opening his mouth "Ok so-" She immediately cut him off "I meant to an actual mental health professional"

He scoffed "It's not like that" She shrugged "Tis what they all say" He raised a brow "I'm sorry, out of the two of us, you definitely have a higher chance of testing for clinical insanity" She remained silent and rolled her eyes knowing she just might "Alright bird, speak if you must"

"There's this...old friend," He began rather hesitant "He's in trouble for something he didn't do and I want to help him out" She finally looked at him "Well it is part of your job description to help others in need. I do not see your dilemma"

"My problem is I need authorisation, I can't just walk into a battle field alone even undercover" She nodded, understanding what he had meant "Daddy Bats won't allow you to go"

"He might. I just-don't want him involved. It's personal, you know? Something I-I have to do on my own" Her brows furrowed but she didn't question him "Alright then omit some truths" He shrugged "It's what I plan on doing"

"Oh you've turned over to the dark side?" She smirked "I believe my company may be poor influence, Grayson. You've resorted to lies" He rolled his eyes "Look, remember how I helped you with El Flamingo. Well I need a favour in return" She scoffed "Help? You dropped in without invite and it wasn't a quid pro quo situation, we helped eachother because I recall you and I both almost becoming someone's supper..."

"...and technically, you owe me, Grayson. I bandaged up your pretty head after you were knocked out" He momentarily turned pink as she called him pretty before sighing in desperation

"Just. We're kinda friends, I don't know, alright" He paused, looking at her "So I am asking 'as a friend' could you help? You're like my seventh option before I have to go alone" She stiffened and did a double take at his statement. Were they friends? Of course on the outside she stared blankly at him. But raised a brow, indicating for him to continue. "You're friends with a potential suspect?"