021.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS 
OCTOBER 23, 10:30 EST
TEAM YEAR THREE

"WELCOME CLASS, THIS IS CRIMINAL LAW AND YOUR FIRST CLASS OF THE SEMESTER...I LIKE TO CALL IT 'AVOIDING MURDER' I HOPE YOU'll BE ABLE TO KEEP UP."

'This should be easy' She thought to herself as she took her seat, feeling somewhat excited by the prospect of starting something new.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY 
NOVEMBER 2, 08:10 EST
TEAM YEAR FIVE

SHADOW WAS IN HIGH SPIRITS FOR HER FIRST DAY AS A LEGAL CONSULTANT AT PEARSON & CO. ONE OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE LAW FIRMS IN THE STATE. DRESSED IN A BLACK TOP AND A GREY AND WHITE CHANEL TWEED WITH LONG HIGH BOOTS, SHE WAS READY TO DOMINATE THE WORLD OF LAW. SHE WAS OF COURSE EXPECTING WORK, BUT SHE CERTAINLY DIDN'T EXPECT HER BOSS TO MAKE HER GET HIM COFFEE.

The machine itself was frustrating to work with, if she couldn't figure out the simple workings of their coffee machine, however did she expect to handle their cases? She somehow managed to press the right buttons as the machine whirred and began to make coffee.

An older man came up behind her and offered her a kind smile. It was almost too familiar, his entire presence was and it felt as if Shadow knew him, his aura seemed to mimic the darkness that was her own but she couldn't pinpoint it, just yet. Perhaps it was just an off day "You seem far too intelligent to be an intern" He mused and Shadow raised a brow "I am your new paralegal" He looked at her amused "Not mine, but certainly new" He shook his head "I assume they stuck you with Anderson? He usually makes his new paralegal do these kind of things. No wonder they end up leaving"

"Hermes Pearson" He extended a hand "Athena Smith" A very common surname. His smile widened "What do you know, our parents were greek fanatics, huh?" He raised a brow and pressed the coffee buttons once more and the machine started working properly, immediately pouring coffee "Tell you what, kid? I was looking for a new legal consultant but I'd rather have you join my team"

"An intriguing offer, but why so much faith in a woman who cannot work your coffee machine?" She questioned and he smirked, it seemed much like her own "Call it intuition. I'm never wrong. Besides, you'd have to be an idiot to make someone of your skill work the coffee station"

He picked up his cup and raised it. Shadow looked deep in thought and he checked his watch "I'll have my assistant place a file on your desk, I want the case solved by 9:30. If you can, you have yourself my guidance and supervision Miss Smith" With that the man left.

When he returned to his desk after a meeting, it was 9:27 and he found a file on it with a note 'It would be a pleasure to work under your wing, Mr Pearson' He smirked, looking over the details only go find the entire file flawless. He certainly picked the right person for his team.