033.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

SANTA PRISCA
JUNE 19, 00:00 ECT

IN AN UNDERGROUND CAVERN UNDERNEATH THE ISLAND, THE LIGHTS FLICKERED ON. Black Beetle and Deathstroke entered the area from opposite sides. They looked into the cave, and each other. Both nodding, they stood aside as their respective delegations filed in.

Shadow watched as the ambassador started the summit by inquiring about the whereabouts of the other Light members. Savage replied that they were conducting damage control to mitigate recent Reach defeats; and at any rate, those already present are sufficient.

She observed from the dark as the conversation between the two parties went on. Somewhere in between they reached a 'standoff' as Ra's stated.

Aqualad brought up a new point of concern-That Superman, Batman, the Green Lanterns and the rest of the League will soon return to Earth and sway public opinion back to their side? Vandal Savage smugly proclaimed that the League will be convicted on Rimbor thanks to a few well-placed bribes. Shadow almost scoffed, she knew the representative was a nitwit, law was bashed everywhere even in other parts of the universe.

The ambassador added that the Green Lanterns were prohibited from returning to Earth as per the Reach pact with the Guardians. He was not worried about public opinion-he could leverage on the half truths the Reach already used to discredit the League, to discredit them again.

While the conversation was ongoing, Ra's al Ghul strode toward Tigress, focusing intently on her charm. He took it, and ripped it off her neck. The spell dissipated, revealing Tigress to be Artemis, much to everyone's shock. Shadow sighed, of all people, it was most certainly Ra's who'd see through the ruse first. They had their common sense in...well common.

Ra's al Ghul explained that he recognized Tigress's amulet as a Glamour Charm, created either by Zatanna or Doctor Fate to hide Artemis's true identity. The ambassador continued to put the facts together: if Artemis is alive and acting as his lieutenant, Kaldur'ahm is in cahoots with her. Black Beetle deduced that means Aqualad has duped the Light and his own father.

Deathstroke took the shot and killed off both of them. Manta caught his son in his arms. Kaldur told Black Manta that it was too late, he's already won. With his dying breath, Kaldur released a dead-man switch he'd been holding in his hand. The device activated a hologram of Kaldur'ahm, in a prerecorded message meant for the Reach. Vandal Savage instructed Deathstroke to turn it off, but the mercenary did not know how to do it.

The Reach was exposed to the Light's deception and the ambassador erupted in anger at the revelations, calling Earthlings a pestilence and a plague. Claiming the Light was fortunate they didn't carve up the Earth with the Warworld. Vandal Savage sarcastically proclaimed that he was impressed with the threat, since the Warworld's crystal key is in his possession.