009.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

INFINITY ISLAND

SHADOW WAS MID FIGHT IN WITH ONE OF THE OTHER ASSASSINS WHEN SUDDENLY ALL OF THEM DISAPPEARED AND SHE FLIPPED TO AVOID FALLING ON HER FACE "What the hell?" She muttered as she saw the entire island empty with no one around. She could feel the distant effects of magic on the place and shook her head. Must be some new plan drafted by the Chaos lord.

She stepped towards her chamber after scouring the Island and discovered it was actually quite beautiful without the killer threats. She was about to enter her room when she heard a small bang and her brows furrowed. She saw a mop of black hair walk towards her and a smile graced her face "Well. Well. Little Miss Cassandra, now how did I not know your mother brought you along?" She cooed as she kneeled down and hugged the younger girl who immediately hugged back.

Cassandra Cain had to be one of Shadow's favourite people, she viewed the girl as a little sister and would do anything for her, she hoped one day they'd both be free from their shackles. She felt her heart shatter when she learned that at some point her mother had taken out her vocal cords to have her communicate with just her body language. It was unethical and inhumane.

She looked at Shadow with big eyes and gave a smile of her own "So, now that we have no adults here...what shall we do?"

Cassie shrugged "Perhaps we could lay down, or play a game?" She nodded "A game it is then?" That's how they'd spend the afternoon until all the adults were ultimately returned to the Island and Shadow had lulled Cass into a much deserved sleep.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

"SHADOW COME, WE HAVE BEEN WAITING" Shadows brows furrowed 'We?' Though she said nothing about it and walked forward "Count Vertigo, an ally of our organisation requires use of your skills" Sensei informed, gesturing to the man beside him who smirked "I would have employed your services years ago but I thought to wait out my niece's inevitable death. Now, that she has a chance at survival, I request you immediately help me be-rid myself of that pest"

Shadow almost scoffed at his audacity, willing to kill his own blood, treachery, treason and evil. Yet he still saw himself a rightful heir. What a fool.

"Do not worry, I will be the one to kill her, I would never allow that pleasure to someone else. You will be stopping any hero tasked to help her" Sensei nodded "Eliminate any such threat immediately, understood?" Shadow only nodded, before bowing and leaving the room, planning out what to do next

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

SEATTLE MEMORIAL

THE DARK ASSASSIN CRAWLED THROUGH THE HOSPITAL VENTS AND LANDED IN A THE ROOM THE QUEEN PERDITA OF VLATAVA WAS RESTING IN BEFORE HER PLANNED SURGERY.