028.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃─────⋅☾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
─────⋅☾

GOTHAM CITY
MARCH 5 13:48 EST

WE HONESTLY ASK OURSELVES WHICH PERSON IN OUR LIVES MEANS THE MOST TO US, WE OFTEN FIND THAT IT IS THOSE WHO GIVE ADVICE BUT CHOSE TO SHARE OUR PAIN AND TOUCH OUR WOUNDS WITH A WARM AND TENDER HAND. THE FRIEND WHO CAN BE SILENT WITH US IN A MOMENT OF DESPAIR OR CONFUSION OR STAY IN OUR HOUR OF GRIEF AND BEREAVEMENT, THE FRIEND WHO CAN TOLERATE NOT KNOWING AND THE ONE WHO FACES THE REALITY OF OUR POWERLESSNESS WHEN WE CANNOT HEAL. A TRUE FRIEND IN IT'S MEANING.

Wallace Rudolph West didn't know when Athena became one of his greatest friends. She had been a trusted confidant and girl-friend to Artemis. Something more than a friend to Dick and an overall lovable person—you know, for someone capable of killing you in the blink of an eye—she was quite oddly a likeable personality.

Maybe it was when they met in the desert in Bialya or perhaps when she gave him the breakfast bars on his birthday when he helped save a young queen from her evil uncle— he still didn't know where she had gotten those from. But, he knew it was during one of her first missions with the Team and one of his lasts. That fateful day, he wouldn't forget nor would he mention again since Shadow threatened to kill him if he did so.

So, naturally he'd sneak his way into her office in order to consult her about one of the most important decisions he's ever had to make. Which would also explain his current predicament. He should have expected it to be honest with the way he showed up unannounced in the office of one of the most paranoid people he'd known.

A sharp ink pen planted inches away from his head, embedded into the book shelf and he stared at it with wide eyes, thanking the fact that she'd never hit an intruder directly without a confrontation. A few years ago, that wouldn't have been the case.

"Perhaps a warning if you are to show up in my office, Wallace" Wally let out a terrified chuckle "Heh—sorry about that" Shadow gestured to the leather seat in front of her desk as she took her own and Wally sat down, tapping his sneakers repeatedly on the floor "How may I be of service?"

"Uh—I need to buy a ring?"

"Are you asking me or telling me? Either way, you won't be finding one here"

"No I need to buy a ring—the ring" Shadow raised a brow at his emphasised words and smirked "So you've decided?"

Wally nodded, an excited smile on his face at the prospect "Yeah. I wanna ask her to marry me"

"Well I wish you the very best on your future endeavours and all the blessings, but I do not understand. Why would you not buy the ring upon instinct?"

"Well I wanted a woman's opinion—I'll know when I see it but I want it to be perfect. I would have asked my mom or iris but they're busy. M'gann would probably suggest buying an engagement tiara instead like that movie she saw so here I am"