thirty two

"I don't know about that." He replied as he changed into more comfortable clothing, a soft T-shirt and jeans. I'd waited two hours for him to do his podium celebrations and then his interviews afterwards.

Majority of them asking about me rather than the race, or him bringing me up randomly.

I remember one question he was asked perfectly, "What's your secret to doing so well this season and winning majority of the races so far?"

I remembered watching the cogs whirring in his head, he took his hat off to think about it before replying with something that made my heart burst, "My secret? I don't have one. I just have my girlfriend. She feeds my confidence so much, I think that helps a lot. Someone believing in you and your ability," he laughed "And of course, a hardworking team."

"Well, we won't do if you don't want to. But Danny and Heidi texted, they're all going, I think you deserve a break." I told him honestly, since the moment we got home he's been training like crazy.

He works so ridiculously hard in the gym everyday and he has a lot to show for it too, he's ripped. He trains on all of these scary torture device looking machines and he does it for hours. It looks painful. It looks like it hurts.

He looked to me and then the ground making his decision, "Yeah okay, let's go." He smiled at me and put the cap back on, walking to me to hold my hand.

————

"Well, we had to bring something." I told max as he held a plate of cookies and cupcakes that we had raided one of the nearest shops for, he pouted at me like a child, only because he's not supposed to eat them on his diet.

The drivers diets are ridiculous and max agrees majorly, he is the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I've ever met, "If I can't eat them none of the other guys can either, that's all." He replied, he was sour.

I shook my head at him as the door opened, Max enlightened me that Christian often has dinners at his places after Grand Prixs but he didn't do it in Silverstone this year so he thought Japan would be nice instead. I wouldn't disagree with that, "You came! Let me go and get my dad!" A girl answered the door, letting us in.

It was a lovely villa, much much nicer than our hotel room which hardly had any space to move in it, max said he would pay for an upgrade but it would be a waste considering we weren't staying long, "Who was that?" I asked max who mouthed back to me "His daughter bluebell, well she's Geri's and then Olivia is his and Monty is both of there's."

We walked into the villa and immediately could see out to the garden due to the amount of glass in the modern villa, most of the drivers were there already, I nodded to max and took the sweet treat plate from him because it was annoying him, "Max! You actually came!" Christian beamed going to shake his hand, like they don't see one another pretty much daily.

"It was about time." Max replied, smiling to him, Christian went to hug me and then noticed my plate, "Oh we had to bring stuff, these are for your kids. We have wine and flowers in the car- I can go and-

"No no no," Christian shook his head "Don't be silly, this is more than enough. Come out the back, everyone's pretty much here."

Quite honestly, I was shitting it, everyone has their thoughts and opinions on me now that I'm a common name in the news. Articles come out calling me all sorts of names, I've learnt to ignore it but people always have something to say, even if they were all at my wedding weeks ago. Opinions change.

"Max! Mate you came! Liv is changing you for the better." Lando exclaimed as we stepped out into the garden, the sun blazing and everyone stopping their conversations.

"Well done today max." Yuki smiled as he walked over to me, we'd spoke a few times before, "Hi Olivia, it was good to see you there today!" He sweetly said as he walked past.

I saw Danny right away and made my way over to him and Heidi who were sat with Pierre and Kika in the corner, "There you are! We were just talking about you!" Daniel told me a typical grin on his face, he didn't look like a man who had only a few faces left and no contract for next season.

"Oh, that's not scary at all." I told them, chuckling to myself a little. If I didn't laugh I would cry and that was the truth.

Kika patted the seat next to her "Sit! Sit!"

The rest of the girls came flooding over as soon as I was sat down, all of them wanting to know the gossip, of course they did, I didn't blame them either, I totally would, "Oh my god." I mumbled to myself, watching max in the distance trying his best to mingle.

"Well first, you got max here? You actually got Mr Verstappen out at one of these? I don't think he's ever come to one of the dinners?" Isa commented, everyone nodding their heads.

"Oh? I mean yeah, I guess so." I laughed a little to take the edge off, "It wasn't hard, but he's got to branch out a little sometimes."

"So... I don't want to ask what happened, not until you're ready to share," Lily said "But just so you know, I fully support this. I wasn't keen on that Adam dude."

"Me too."

"Yep same."

"Oh god he was odd."

"Yep total dickhead vibes."

________________________________
TMZ:

liked by 92,348,927 peopleTMZ: perhaps the most hated woman in the media seen smiling after attending a bbq at Christian Horners yesterday evening, newly divorced Olivia Ricciardo was seen kissing Max Verstappen yesterday after he won the Japanese...

TMZ: perhaps the most hated woman in the media seen smiling after attending a bbq at Christian Horners yesterday evening, newly divorced Olivia Ricciardo was seen kissing Max Verstappen yesterday after he won the Japanese Grand Prix as ex husband is arrested. What is going on?

comments:

username: I liked her for her fashion taste this is shambles

random8: she looks so smiley though

user.name: she's horrible. i hope she dies.
________________________________