twelve

________________________________
@oliviaricci

liked by 11,348,274 peopleoliviaricci: monaco gp 🏁

oliviaricci: monaco gp 🏁

comments:

adelinebonnet: wow

username8: she posts this but no engagement photos?

danielricciardo: come to watch me win 💪
________________________________
4th May:

The next day, Max tells her that she doesn't have to be there until an hour before the race is supposed to begin at two o'clock, so she takes her time getting ready, inspecting the bruises on her neck, wondering how she was going to explain them, because Max would ask. She opted to wear a turtleneck dress, even though it was almost 80 degrees outside, it was better than being bombarded with questions.

"Hey," She whispered to him while walking up to him on the way to the McLaren garage.

"Hey! I'm glad you're here, I was starting to get nervous." He laughed, visibly relaxing in his stance.

"There's no need to be nervous, Max, you're going to do great, I promise, you're the world champion', you've got this. Now Daniel needs me to do a few things before the fight starts, why don't you go and do whatever it is you're supposed to." She said, smiling at him and then left the paddock. Max took her advice and began discussing the strategy with Christian.

"Ready for the race?" A man asked him as Max turned around to face him.

"Yeah, and you are?" Max asked eyebrow raised, he was used to having strangers in the garage if they were famous.

"Josh, nice to meet you. My brother and I are big fans." He held out his hand for Max to shake, which he did. They made small talk, Josh being obviously drunk, asking about Maxs racing and Max only half-paying attention to what Josh was saying to him, until he made a comment that sparked his interest.

"Yeah me and my brother invest in companies, we were doing really well, that is until his fiancés business completely sold out and now we can't meet rising demand, it's shit really. That girl has no work ethic so it will be months before I see good money again." He slurred a little, taking a sip of a glass of wine.

"Oh really?" Max asked, sensing he knew who Josh was on about. It made sense, if Josh had Laurent as a last name he was definitely allowed in the paddock.

"Yeah, when my brother moved out with her, they were dating and she tried a clothing brand which went belly up in a matter of months. And she couldn't get a job to save her life, so because she was with Adam my mum and I invested in her new line. But now I'm not making any money at all, but I guess she had what was coming to her though."Josh rambled on, making it hard for max to understand what she was saying.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked the obviously drunk and over sharing man.

"Adam kicked her out last night because of all of her bullshit. She'd been out all hours of the day and night for the last two nights, and she didn't answer any of his texts. The nerve of this girl, for real, like Adam was nice enough to give her a place to live after her first business fails and she pulls this shit on him? Personally I don't know why he was doing all that for her, it's not like she was putting out." Josh continued to talk and Max walked away from him, starting to get angry about Livs situation, why anyone would treat her with anything but respect baffled Max. He wanted to protect her.