sixteen

The two left for central Las Vegas three days late, they were in the outskirts beforehand. Max wanted this trip to be perfect, he booked a villa for the two at the Bellagio, because Olivia had said she always wanted to watch the fountain to Heidi but she didn't know what she was in for when they left the exit of their old hotel.

A private limousine picked them up from departures and took them to their hotel. On the drive there, Max and Olivia shared a bottle of champagne, she made a toast to him, they cheers and took a drink, she didn't know why he was so desperate to make her dreams come true but she appreciated more than he would ever know.

Walking into the room, Olivia was taken aback by the sheer size and decoration surrounding them, as if they had just walked into an Italian villa in the middle of the countryside.

"Max, wha-you didn't have to get all of this, this is too much." She shook her head, looking at the man behind her, he smiled at her and crossed his arms. The past three days had been some of the best she had ever had, and she owed that all to Max.

"Nothing is too much for you Olivia." Max said, the truth is, Redbull was the one paying for the villa, Max had the choice of where he wanted them to stay and his sponsor did the rest. Max just had to sit back, relax, and win the championship at the end of the season to repay them.

She ran to the master bedroom and jumped onto the bed, the 2000 thread count white sheets soft against her skin, "Opted for one bed again huh?" She chuckled as he followed behind her.

"There's a spare room," he mentioned "But I don't mind sharing with you, we can do whatever you want."

"We're gonna have so much fun, max." Olivia said, lying star fished on their bed, Daniel and Heidi had also got the hotel next door to them but they wanted to give the pair some privacy.

It was no secret that Daniel had hoped that max and Olivia would fall in love and she would forget all about Adam, so he supported max splurging, well red bull splurging on her dream hotel.

They did have a lot of fun. Their nights were filled with martinis, shots, and a lot of winning. Max dressed in suits and Liv in long dresses with slits in the leg, wearing more jewelry than she ever thought she would. Max liked this new side of Olivia, the side that was in control and mysterious, he was putty in her hands when her leg poked out of the side of her dress, teasing max at the way her skin looked too soft and delicate.

They sat at the blackjack table, his hand on her thigh and hers on his shoulder. Hand after hand they won something, that's when Max realized that this woman wasn't just his good luck charm at the races, she made his whole life better. The casino gave them complimentary drinks, hoping they'd stop being lucky soon enough, they didn't. They left the table before they got too carried away and went to gamble somewhere else. Max was always holding onto her some way or another, but he knew he wasn't the one in control, and he liked it, a little too much in fact.

He whispered into her ear, "Olivia, I want you. Nothing else." He says.

"You have me. All of me."

"Promise me, Olivia."

"I'm yours till the day I die." She tells him, they hadn't really gotten into the reason why the wedding was still on because it was stressing and sad to think about.

"But I want you longer than that." He told her honestly, the drink helping him convey his thoughts, "And you're getting married soon."

She sighed, holding his arm gently "Max... my lawyers are working up a case against him, there's a lot of things he has done wrong and it's taking them a while to get them all. They want me to play with him, just so that they can build the case and he will think that we are in love again and won't think to have you arrested. That's all."

"Wait what?" Max asked the drink wearing off.

I nodded, I probably wouldn't have told him any of this without my liquid courage, "I'm only with him because that's what the lawyers want at the moment, he wants to have you and Danny arrested but he won't if we get married. My lawyers are hoping to have him in jail before the wedding but it's unlikely."

"I'm so sorry Olivia," he said stroking my arm gently "He's a dick, you shouldn't have to put up with him."

She nodded, she was well aware of that fact, "But once that's over.. I'll come back to you and we'll start our happy ever after, right?"

"My happy does not wait for later," he tells her "My happy is now, here with you, nothing else, but you still deserve better than me."

"That's what you don't get," I say "I don't care if I deserve better, because I want you. I've known it for a while now too."

He's silent for a minute, "I love you."

"You... you love me?"

"You doubt this?" He put his hand over his heart dramatically, "I have loved you ever since the moment I first saw you. You looked at me as if you could not tell if you wished to scowl at me or smile at me... and you smiled and then I knew my heart was no longer mine."

I expected his kiss. It was right there between us, waiting hungrily. I didn't expect his hands, so rough and hard before, to hold my face gently. I didn't anticipate the furrow of his brows, almost as if he were in pain. I tilted my chin, wanting this, needing this so badly. Please. He laid his lips to mine, kissing me softly, slowly. The world turned around us, blurring and disappearing. I had to hold onto his wrists to keep from slipping away with it, gasping at the sensation that came roaring to life inside me. A match lit in a dark room, flaring with brilliant light. My lips parted with that gasp, and Max, with a growl of pure want, kissed me again, this time hard and deep.