Chapter 28

"What is it?" Hunter approached me.

"Shep has there ever been a Jedi here before?" I questioned him full out with an urgency.

   "Not that I am aware. Why do you ask?" He shrugged.

There had to have been. Maybe many eons ago. Because there was no way there was this strong of a pull that I was feeling for one to not have been here. At least somewhere.

    "Cyar'ika what is it?" Tech asked resting his hand on my lower arm.

    "There's a very strong presence here, near the shoreline". I replied. Hunter and Tech both exchanged a look before turning to the Mayor.

    "Is there a possibility of a hidden area on this island that may be the cause of this source?". Tech asked.

Shep pondered for a moment before answering. "There is. On the eastern side of the island there is a hidden cavern. We tried to enter, but it would not let us". Shep replied. My eyes snapped to him. Now that peaked my interest.

So there was something here. That must be what was calling out to me. Was it a hidden Jedi temple? That was another story. One that I intended to explore. Right now.

    "I—its calling out to me". I stated. Everyone's gazes flickered to me. "On a previous mission I had a vision of a temple that I would find in due time. I think this is that temple". I confessed.

Tech reached for my hand. "Are you certain?"
He was the only one who knew about that vision. As he had guided me through it.

I nodded my head. "That voice. This feeling. It's all familiar".

    "So what happens then?" Hunter asked.

I faced him. "I locate it. It could have answers about what why the force is wavering in me. Or at the very least is could put me on the right path".

He seemed reluctant to let me go off on my own. Tech too, from the hesitant in his look. The team knew I could handle myself, but that didn't mean that they didn't worry about me. It was only natural to worry about someone you cared for. After all I was family in their eyes.

    "Won't it be dangerous?" Omega stepped closer to me. Her small eyes shined with fear for me. I kneeled down to her level, running my fingers through her hair.

    "I-I don't know. Jedi temples can be..tricky, but I have to try". I wanted to be honest with her about what could happen. My eyes lifted to Tech. "Besides if anything does happen Tech will be able to detect it. The bond will let him know if I'm in trouble". That seemed to put her at ease a bit.

     "Then I will stay more alert then usually". He promised with a firmness.

"Be careful". Hunter's stern and worried look stared into me. I nodded my head.

"Shep why don't you show the boys and Omega around the island and later we can have one of your famous feast". Phee chimed up trying to lighten the mood a bit.

I sent her a grin. "That sounds wonderful. I'll meet you all later".

Wrecker raised his arms into the air. A burst of boisterous laughter flooding the air. "Alright a feast!!"

I playfully rolled my eyes. Before I slipped away I placed a quick kiss on the lingering figure's cheek then took off in the direction the feeling was pulling me.

It was like a string was attached to my body and I was being tugged along. As a Jedi we didn't need directions to usually guide us. We let the natural flow led us to our desired destination. And the sensation I was feeling gradually picked up and grew in strength as I moved through the vast streets of Pabu.