Chapter 18

"We have to stay and help them, Hunter". I urged him as we all gathered around outside to weigh our options. "The Wookiees we're our allies during the war. We can't abandon them!".

   "Onyx is right. We have to do something, Hunter". Echo stated in agreement, pressing his hand onto the wooden table.

Wrecker nodded his head in solidarity with us. I pulled out my lightsaber, the sliver hilt catching a bit of the suns rays and laid it down on the table.

    "I will not let another planet fall to the Empire's or anyone else greedy hands". I stated firmly. I stood my ground. No way was I going to back down from this. Not now. Not when I could do something more to help.

Hunter nodded and turned to Yanna. "We'll stay and help you fight them".

I understood her protest. Saying that we owed her nothing and that they'd be fine on their own, but I couldn't just walk away knowing that they'd be desecrated by those machines. There would be nothing left of their village but ash and the scent of burning wood. We couldn't let that happen. Not while we had some fight left in us.

But Hunter shook his head. "You don't have to do this alone".

    "He's right". I stride forward, placing a hand on her shoulder. "As a Jedi it is my duty to help those in need. And these guys won't leave either. We want to help you Yanna". She set her paw over my hand, roaring out a great thank you. Gungi too wanted to show his gratitude. He grabbed my hand, placing it in his. I smiled down at him.

Then he and all the other Wookiees marched outside to the large tree, the previous night I had had my usual vision at. It took on a whole new feeling for me in broad daylight. It wasn't so mysterious anymore.

Now the wroshyr tree stood with pride and vigor. A symbol of light. A guidance and a hope as they crouched in front of it. Each one reached out and placed a hand upon its base. The others and I stood back and observed them. Though I knew exactly what they was happening.

     "What are they doing?" Omega asked looking up at me and Hunter.

     "They are asking the trees for help". Hunter explained. Omega moved her eyes to me, wanting to know if that were true.

     "Hunter's right". I said. "They believe this planet belongs to the trees. After all these trees have been here much longer then any of us. As such they look to them for guidance".
Omega glanced up higher at the tall wood structure. Seeing it truly for the first time she was amazed by its power that it held over them.

     "Woah". She exclaimed. I smiled down at her. I held a similar expression when I first visited Kashyyyk many years ago.

    "Woah indeed".

Soon Gungi came back running up to is, calling out that the trees had answered their call and knew what to do next.

Hunter blinked, a big startled. "The...trees have a plan". I patted his armored chest plate.

    "Don't act so surprised, Hunter. This isn't the strangest thing you've seen. Especially on the missions we went on together". I reminded him, a smirk pulling at the corner of my lips.

Hunter chuckled lightly before pulling his helmet over his head. "You have a point".

    "Of course I do". I turned to face the youngest Wookiee. "So whats the plan?"

Gungi explained to us the plan the trees had come up with and all of us were in agreement. It was not a bad plan. It was just a matter of executing it properly. Though knowing us and the risky situations we had been in numerous times over, I knew we could handle it. We did have a nick for getting out of a tricky situation. Usually ones that we put ourselves in.