Chapter 7

Offering Tech my help we managed to gather up the pieces that we could find from TAY-o's mishap. While Wrecker decided to locate TAY-o himself.

"This speeder is in bad shape, but some of it is salvageable". Tech relayed. Looking over what laid in front of us I wasn't so sure.

"Some meaning very little". I replied. Most of these parts looked too bent out of shape to form back. While others just seemed impossible to even deter what they had been before the crash. It was not going to be simple, unfortunately.

"That's the least of my problems now, goggles".

Despite our current issue at hand, anytime Cid referred to Tech as goggles my body reacted. It sent my skin ablaze. Though I did not know if he enjoyed her calling him that. I wondered though if he would enjoy it if I called him that? I shook my head. This wasn't the time for it.

"Hey!" Wrecker shouted as he approached the pit. "Found TAY-o" He lifted up half of the barley holding together droid. "Or most of him". I smiled sheepishly at him.

"Thanks Wrecker". I said patting him on the back.

"Maybe we can put him back together". Omega suggested with an uncertain look to her. I shrugged my shoulders. It would be challenging, but not impossible. Especially not for Tech.

"If anyone could it's Tech". I glanced once more at the droids body now on the work station or what appeared to be one. "Though I'm not sure how much of TAY-o is fixable".

"We should try though!" Omega said—pleaded more so. I sighed. We did have a job to do after all. The presence of an unwanted guest sent a shiver down my spine. Instinct took over and I pushed Omega behind me.

   "I'm here to collect, Cid". Millegi stated.

   "You'll get your credits. Just give me some time. I'm good for it". That last part was debatable as Tech and I shared the same expression.

    "That's not how this works. Your out of time". He warned. I narrowed my gaze at him, as my fist clenched. Cid gestured to all of us, more so Wrecker.

   "Wanna step in here? I didn't bring you three for the company". Tech and Wrecker stepped forward. Wrecker just at first glance was intimating, but with the stance he held now, hand hovering over his blaster, he was terrifying.

Tech, though wasn't one to be underestimated. He could prove a worthy foe if given the chance. And me, even with no lightsaber I wasn't one to be messed with. Especially with a vibro blade at the ready and the power of the force at my fingertips. His two guards were ready too. Both of them had their blasters pointed at us. Omega pushed past us and moved in closer to Millegi.

     "Wait!" She inquired. "How much does she owe?"

Millegi smirked smugly at her. "More than you got, kid".

    "Well, we're not done yet". She said a bit too quickly. By the maker, Omega.

Millegi chuckled at her remark. "Looks like your done to me".

Feeling quite agitated by his attitude, I spoke up. "I wouldn't underestimate us". I said with a bite. The way his smug look grew once it landed it's sights on me only infuriated me more.

    "One last race". Omega exclaimed. "We pay you double". I glanced at Tech and Wrecker. All three of us were aware that this plan could go south very quickly.

    "If we win, we get Cid".

    "You don't know what your getting into, kid". He warned her. Three of us moved in closer to her. My hand coming to rest on her shoulder as I glared at Millegi.