fifty six

"Does the dress twirl?" Miss Jenn questioned, causing Soul to nod

"Does the dress twirl?" Miss Jenn questioned, causing Soul to nod. "I feel that it needs to twirl."

Gina spins with the dress but it barely moves, causing Gina to look back at her teacher and best friend, "Mmm. Good call."

"I can't believe I am fitting you for a Hollywood ball gown." Miss Jenn beamed, causing Gina and Soul to chuckle.

"Okay, stop it."

"It feels like yesterday you showed up with your pink sparkly shoes, and your tracksuit, and you scared the bejesus out of me." Miss Jenn spoke.

"I think she scared everyone at least once." Soul teased, causing Gina to chuckle as she smiled at the girl.

"You know, I think I was more scared than anybody that day." Gina admitted, hanging the dress up on the rack.

"And now, you're a movie star." Miss Jenn reminded the girl.

"Miss Jenn, can I be honest?" Gina stopped on her tracks, turning to face the two. "I don't know if I'm ready for this."

"Honey..." Miss Jenn stood from her seat, approaching the girl. "There is never a good or bad time to become a star."

"Well, yeah, but it's more about figuring out what I want." Gina explained. "How can I know that right away? And what do I even say to Ricky? I mean... this movie and New Zealand... I still haven't told anybody but you guys."

"Ricky will understand. He loves you." Miss Jenn shook her head.

"I told her the same thing." Soul spoke up, standing beside the drama teacher.

"Honestly, if I knew he loved me, that might help."

"You mean he hasn't...." Miss Jenn placed a hand on her hip, looking over at Soul, causing her to shake her head before she turned her attention back to Gina.

"Yeah, I know. It sounds silly." Gina said. "It feels like I'm always the one putting myself out there first."

"Sometimes I think boys need to learn a few more words." Miss Jenn spoke, causing the teens to chuckle softly.

"At this point, I'd settle for three." Gina admitted, causing Soul to send the girl a soft smile.

"Jennifer." Mr. Mazzara called from the door, gaining the three girls' attention. "A word."

"Hmm."

Gina and Soul shared a smile as they watched the teacher leave the room.

"Here. what about this one?" Soul spoke, carefully grabbing a beautiful purple and red dress off the rack as she held it out towards the girl.

Gina grabbed it from her hands before turning towards the mirror, pressing it against herself as a smile grew on her face.

"I think we found ourselves a winner." Soul grinned as Gina let out a chuckle.