Sixteen

"So what you're saying is that EJ asked you to help him ask out Sarah and then Ricky came to your house, accused you of being with EJ and your siblings overheard and so they ignored you because Sarah has a big crush on EJ

"So what you're saying is that EJ asked you to help him ask out Sarah and then Ricky came to your house, accused you of being with EJ and your siblings overheard and so they ignored you because Sarah has a big crush on EJ." Gina questioned, causing Soul to nod as she was processing the information that she was just given, walking back and forth in front of her bed as Soul sat criss-crossed on it eating Mint Oreo ice cream as she watched her. "He is totally jealous."

"Wait, who Ricky?" Soul asked, choking on her ice cream, looking at Gina with wide eyes, causing her nod with a grin. "I mean yeah, he used to date the same girl as EJ, I would be jealous too."

"Not because of Nini," Gina said, jokingly rolling her eyes as she plopped down beside the girl. "Because he thinks you're dating EJ. He totally likes you."

"Of course, he doesn't," Soul said, letting out a fake chuckle as she placed a spoonful of ice cream into her mouth. "He's still in love with Nini."

"No he isn't," Gina explained, grabbing the tub of ice cream and spoon from her, placing it on the bedside table behind her before turning back to the girl. "When I was spending a lot of time with Ricky, I thought he liked me after he took me home after the homecoming dance but all he ever did was talk about how much he messed up things with you and how great and talented you are."

"Really?" Soul asked, causing her to nod with a smile on her face. "I'm sure he meant it in like a friendly way."

"Soul!" Gina groaned, as she plopped backwards onto the bed. "I can't."

"What?" Soul asked, confused, causing her to shake her head, laughing. "Speaking of crushes I know someone who has a crush on Gina Porter."

"Who?" Gina asked, quickly shooting up with a giant smile.

"I don't know if I should tell you." Soul said, teasingly. "I don't think he would be happy with me."

"Well you have to tell me now." Gina said, sitting identical to Soul as she placed her hands on her shoulders as she shook it with a smile. "You can't lure me in and then pull back, you have to go all in."

"Fine, fine." Soul said, giggling as she stopped shaking her. "It's Sully."

"Sully... As in your brother Sully?" Gina asked, causing her to nod as a smile crept onto her face as her cheeks began to turn pink.

"Is someone blushing?" Soul asked, smiling as she started poking the girl's cheek, causing her smile to grow bigger. "Oh my gosh, you are! You like Sully!"

"I mean yeah, he's a great guy." Gina admitted, causing her smile to fall as she looked down to her lap. "But it probably won't happen."

"Come on you have what, 10 days left!" Soul told her, grabbing her hand as she looked up, causing Soul to smile. "Make the most of it! If you like him go for it!"