twenty two

"Attention, thespians! I have a brief announcement," Carlos announces, standing up from his seat at the lunch table that was full of and surrounded by the drama club

"Speech!" Seb yelled, cupping his hands, causing people to laugh.

"After spending the last couple of weeks Google-stalking the Menkie Awards, I've discovered that there is no category for Best Choreography. And since the Menkies step one to me becoming the first-ever winner of a MEGOT..." Carlos explains.

"As you should!" Soul said happily for her friend, causing everyone to laugh.

"I've decided that I will be auditioning to be on stage this year," Carlos announces, causing everyone to clap and cheer for the boy. "Thank you."

"Big Red's trying out too!" Ashlyn announces, holding up Big Red's arm, causing everyone to once again cheer.

"Yeah, he is!" Ricky says happily for his friend.

"Big ups, Big Red. You're gonna teach me and Soul some of those allegedly great tap moves?" Gina asked.

"I think what she meant is those incredibly great tap moves that we've heard so much about," Soul says, causing Gina to nod in agreement.

"I'm so scared." Big Red said, chuckling slowly.

"Oh, remember you cannot play Chip, the teacup, since it'd obviously be weird for you to be my son." Ashlyn explains. "I mean, I'm probably getting Mrs. Potts. Not that we don't all have an equal shot."

"Red, I can definitely see you playing LeFou," Soul says, causing almost everyone to agree with the idea.

"Soul, who are you auditioning for?" Seb asked, causing the girl to shrug her shoulders.

"Belle, of course." EJ said, taking a seat beside the girl before turning to his other side to Ricky. "You're welcome."

"Huh?" Ricky questioned, totally confused.

"Uh, I've decided to take myself out of the running for the Beast," EJ announces. "I'm just... I've got a lot on my plate. Which reminds me, I should probably pick a meal plan for Duke."

"You officially got in?!" Soul asked, happily shaking the boy's arm.

"Back up. You're not doing the musical either?" Ricky asked, causing Soul to look over at Gina with a confused face.

"No. I've only got the bandwidth for a supporting role," EJ explains, realization hitting him. "Wait, what do you mean 'either?"

"Uh, I'm not sure if I'm auditioning this year," Ricky says. "You know, once a skate rat... right?"

"Wait, for real?" Gina asked after everyone was silent for a moment not knowing what to say.

"Okay. Um, sorry, I've been trying to work up the courage to say this." A blonde girl said, semi-fangirling as she approached the group, Soul automatically did not like the vibe she got from her. "Okay, I can't believe I'm standing in front of both Troy Bolton's right now. Both of your performances last semester in HSM were incredible."