thirty five

"Let's go

"Let's go. Let's go!" EJ exclaimed, honking his horn as Ashlyn made her way to his car. "Last one in's a rotten egg and that's no yolk."

"Ugh! He's on a dad joke kick 'cause he's taking us all on a road trip." Ashlyn said, getting into the backseat with Carlos in the middle and Kourtney on his other side.

"That is completely false, and I just have one question." EJ said, looking at the three in the back. "What's orange and sounds like a parrot?... A carrot."

"Is he okay?" Carlos asked, looking over at Ashlyn.

"Just for a final headcount, who's not here?" EJ asked.

"Big Red's gotta work." Ashlyn informed.

"Sebbie's gotta milk." Carlos explained.

"Nini's with her moms." Ashlyn explained.

"Ricky's with..." Carlos started but was cut off by EJ pressing on the car horn as he held eye contact.

"We don't say her name." EJ said, seriously before changing the subject. "And why are you all coming to the world's greatest camp for two weeks?"

"Because there's a secret celebrity!" The three exclaimed together.

"Oh. I was actually looking for, 'because we all love each other,' and something, something 'Wildcats!'" EJ said.

"Yes!" Ashlyn said, pointing at her cousin.

"Hey, G, come on." EJ said, looking out the window as the girl approached the car.

"There she is." Kourtney said. "Okay braids!"

Gina quickly stopped outside the car as she prayed quickly before getting into the car.

"What'd you wish for?" EJ asked, looking over at the girl.

"Well if I told you that, then who knows what would happen." Gina said, smirking at the boy as she looked around the car. "So, where's the girlfriend? I thought she was coming with us to camp?"

"She was. I mean she is. It's just her trip to LA lasted longer than a few days so she'll just meet us at the camp." EJ explained as a smile appeared on his face.

"More like a few weeks." Kourtney said, holding her hand out. "Am I the only one who's been going through Soul withdrawals."

"Definitely not." EJ said, shaking his head.

"Aw, look he's blushing just talking about her." Ashlyn said, causing the entire car to aw. "We love #Walkwell!"

"Yeah, yeah." EJ said, shaking his head as the smile didn't go away.

"Let's go!" Carlos said, excitedly

...

Soul stepped into the airport, hand in hand with her mom.