Around this strange new world

Author's note: Might be the last one-shot for a while because tomorrow is when I start collage.

Also, this takes place after 'Nightmares belong in boxes'

------------------------------------------------------------

"Woah! Double rainbow!" A man with fiery red hair said, in awe at the double rainbow over Port Aurora.

'Birdy' had been flying around this strange new world for over a month now and has seen many great sights.

The mushroom kingdom, the bean-bean kingdom, a dark and spooky flesh cave, the end, and now, here.

All the people he has met had been kind and friendly, or at worst, neutral about the winged man.

Although, he couldn't help but noticed the people of Port Aurora having been staring at him. Did he have something in his teeth?

Maybe they've never seen someone like him before... hopefully that's it.

Since 'Birdy' was so lost in his thoughts, he didn't see where he was going and crashed right into someone. 

"Woah, Hey! Watch where you're going." A voice cried out, sounding a lot like a child's.

'Birdy' snapped out of his thoughts. "Uh, sorry..." He looked around to see the stranger he bumped into only to see nothing.

"Down here." The voice said. 

'Birdy' looked down to see a small blue sphere wearing a dead octopus on his head, a belt with a big star on it, and thin boots. Next to him, on the ground was a unicycle. 

"That's better." The blue ball said. He took a good look at 'Birdy', studying him, he circled around him to get a better look. 'Birdy's' wings puffed up.

"Where are my manners." The blue ball said. "I'm Auri! And I'm the sheriff around these parts." 

"I'm... Birdy." The winged man hesitated to say. "I mean, it's not my real name." He already felt feathers sticking out where they're not supposed to be. "It's just... the only name I have." 

Auri let out a hum. He got back onto his unicycle. "This might be a weird question, but has anyone ever told you that you kinda look like a phoenix?"

'Birdy' tilted his head. "No, I don't even know what that is... Are they special around here?"

Auri let out a gasp. "Are they special!? Are they special?! It's not like Port Aurora has a festival every one hundred years if the phoenix isn't special!"  

"Wait... is that why everyone is staring at me? It's because I look like a phoenix?" 'Birdy' felt a sense of relief as Auri nodded his head. "Oh, thank goodness. For second, I thought I had something in my teeth.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

'Birdy' stayed and talked to the deputy for a few minutes before flying off again. As much as he thought this place was beautiful, the stares were getting to him, even if the people of Port Aurora had no actual bad intentions behind it.

He traversed the ocean with ease, meeting up with pirates along the way, although he swore one look at lot like... Maryo? Was that his name? 

Now, 'Birdy' was in a brand-new place, with lush green forests. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a man in a green cloak, smashing pots left and right. 

'Birdy' felt a sweat drop and quickly flew away from whatever that was.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nighttime rolled around, and 'Birdy' was getting quite sleepy. He spotted a nice tree settle down and sleep on. The man fell asleep in an instant. 

The next day he was woken by the tree seemly moving on its own.

"The hell?!" A voice said from below. 'Birdy turned his head to see another Maryo look-a-like wearing a lemon-yellow hat, cyan overalls, and gray gloves that seemed to shine in the sunlight, the look-a-like also had on a lab coat.

"Who are you? And why are you on top of my Torterra?" The look-a-like asked.

'Birdy' looked down to see that he was in fact, sleeping on a giant green turtle with a tree on his back. He quickly fluttered off the turtle. "I was trying to sleep; I didn't realise that I wasn't sleeping on an actual tree." 'Birdy' explained. "In my defense, it was late at night, and I was super tired."

The look-a-like raised an eyebrow. "Okay, but that doesn't explain who you are."

"I'm simple a humble traveler, trying to find some answers about my past. The only name I can give you is Birdy. It was given to me by a young girl who didn't know I was trapped in the body of a bird."

The look-a-like chuckled. "Sounds like how a young kid would nick-name their Pokémon."

'Birdy' tilted his head. "I've only heard that word once before... when she explained to me as an injured bird, she took me to her boss, claiming he was an expert." 

The look-a-like smoothed out his jacket. "I know who exactly who you're talking about. But I must say... he doesn't have a degree like I do."

'Birdy' looked at the look-a-like with a blank face. Curious about what he meant.

"I'm Onixking, and I've been studying Pokémon for a while now." The look-a-like said. "How are things back in Blooperville? "It's been a while since I was there."

'Birdy awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "Well.... the last thing that happened before I left was the evil sorceress kidnapped the citizens to use them as puppets to battle in a war with the Italians who are fat."

Onix's eyes popped out of his skull. "What?!"